Mangalore- A new all day dining experience at The Gateway Hotel
By Violet Pereira, Team Mangalorean
Mangalore 01 November: The dining experience at The Gateway Hotel, Mangalore just got more interesting. The all day diners across all Gateway hotels are migrating to a new identity GAD, Gateway All Day. The all day restaurants promise a contemporary global dining experience to residents of – Mangalore
Explaining the rationale behind the name, Mr. P K Mohankumar, Chief Operating Officer, Gateway Hotels said “The name is actually a play with words and has a dual meaning. Gad is of course an English word that connotes a relaxed attitude, spending time at your own pace, lazing around. It can also be treated as a short form for Gateway All Day. Therefore this name best personifies the thought behind the new offerings. We want our guests from the city to choose this as their favorite dining outlet and spend time as they like”.
Mr.Natarajan Kulandai, Corporate Chef, Gateway hotels further explain the concept, “This restaurant will feature some of the best international and Indian flavors. The menu will feature comfort food from Europe and India. Active food, a Gateway concept that has been very popular with guests also continues to be a part of the menu. An added specialty is our “regional food home style” concept, which has been receiving great feedback from guests. With a standardized menu across all Gateway hotels, there will be an added comfort for our frequent room guests who patronize the brand across India.
Mr. Ravi Khandige, General Manager of the hotel, said, “We at The Gateway Hotel Mangalore are pleased to offer a renewed experience to our guests. GAD will offer a holistic dining experience for any occasion. We are happy to welcome guests to GAD", he added.
The Gateway Hotel offers Active Foods. Active Foods are a combination of low glycemic index foods and super foods that are packed with antioxidants and phytochemicals. The benefits to guests are numerous – long term health benefits, superfoods are supposed to be mood enhancers, fiber in food helps one feel full for longer, low glycemic index helps in weight management, this food keeps energy levels balanced for a long a fruitful day. Try the Gateway Dosa – it is a perfect example of Active Food and is made up of nine lentils.
The Gateway Hotel Mangalore offers home style food regional cuisine. The chefs visited homes and worked along with the housewives in their kitchens to understand the nuances of the simple yet unique home touches in the food. The Gateway Hotel also hired housewives to cook the food in the hotel to give the fragrant home touch. Home style cooking uses fresh ingredients which are picked up the same day just as it would be in our homes. Want to try the local flavours – try out the dishes from the Regional food home style section. (Hotel to add the names of the dishes available in each city)
So, the next time you crave for something exciting at any time of the day then head to GAD at the Gateway Hotel, Mangalore.
About The Gateway Hotel
The Gateway Hotel (upscale full service hotels) is a pan-India network of hotels and resorts that offers business and leisure travelers a hotel designed, keeping the modern nomad in mind. At The Gateway Hotel, we believe in keeping things simple. This is why our hotels are divided into 7 simple zones- Stay, Hangout, Meet, Work, Workout, Unwind and Explore. As travel often means more hassle than harmony, more stress than satisfaction, modern travelers are looking for smarter choices. Driven by our passion for perfection, we welcome our customers to a refreshingly enjoyable and hassle-free experience, anytime, everywhere. Offering the highest consistency in quality, service and style we set new standards and take the unwanted surprises out of traveling. Our warm welcomes make our guests feel at home, away from home and our crisp and courteous service empowers them to get more done with greater effectiveness and control. And through our unrivalled network we provide service that is effortless, simple, never overwhelming, and always warm
- Raipur: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Cong chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Bangalore: Yeddyurappa Hints at Tie-up with Other Parties ahead of LS Polls
- Chitradurga: Accident Update - Three Victims from DK District
- Jeddah: Nitaqat law: Procedures implemented in Indian workers' interest - Al-Faisal
- Mangalore: 'Aadhar' or 'Niraadhar'? - No End in Sight for Applicants' Plight!
- Hyderabad: Fugitive Andhra murderer extradited to US
- Mangalore: State Forest Minister B Ramanath Rai visits Infant Jesus Shrine
- Chitradurga: Youngster from Sullia Taluk among Four Killed in Ghastly Road Mishap
- Udupi: Two boys drown in Karvalu river at Alevoor
- Mangalore: Nine-year-old Boy Electrocuted at Marnemikatta
- Mangalore: Action Will be Taken Against ACP Jagannath if Found Guilty - Kharbikar
- Udupi: Kaup will be made Town Panchayat - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Ajman: GMU hosts GMU MASE 2013 – Biggest Medical and Science Exhibition for Students
- Udupi: Mangalore Police Arrest JD(S) Leader and Film Producer Dhanraj in Fraud Case
- Mangalore: Minister U T Khader inaugurates 'Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo-2013'
- Udupi: Minister Sorake inaugurates MLA Pramodh Madhwaraj's New Office
- Mangalore: Health and family welfare minister U T Khader Receives Grievances from Public
- Saudi Arabia: 'Nitaqat' law - 75,000 Indians set to return, numbers could go up
- Mangalore: Janardhan Poojary Inaugurates MLA J R Lobo's Office at Kadri
- Puttur: Poaching of Rare Turtles in Netravati - MLA Takes up Matter with Police Chief
- Rockford (USA): Terry D'Souza Receives Presidential Medal
- Navi Mumbai: Actress charged with attempted kidnap of girl goes absconding
- Mangalore: BJP Trained Policemen to Harass Women during 5 years Tenure- Sara Abubaker
- Dubai: Saudi company to hire 5,000 Nitaqat-hit Indians
- Mangalore: 'One-Year Working in Rural Areas Mandatory for Medical Students'-U T Khader
- Udupi: State Government should Stay Away from Temples and Maths- Janardhan Poojary
- Washington: History maker 'Sri' Srinivasan's feat hailed widely
- Mangalore: Let the Present Government be Pro People - Former CM Sadananda Gowda
- Mumbai: Wife Commits Suicide While Husband Watches on Webcam
- Bangalore: Hoax Bomb Alert at IIMB Causes Scare and Evacuation
- Bangalore: Prof Ravivarma Kumar New Advocate General of State
- Udupi: Pejawar Swamiji Inaugurates Mukha Mantapa of Kaniyoor Math
- Mangalore: ASI Srikala Complains to Women's Commission - DCP to Hold Probe
- Phaneesh Murthy asked 'pregnant' employee to seek abortion, leave iGate: law firm
- UAE: Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- MP Nalin Kumar Kateel Condemns Government Decision to Control Maths and Temples
- Bangalore: Ministers in-charge - Rai for DK, Sorake for Udupi, Abhaya for C'magalur, Khader for Kodagu
- New Delhi: 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Michigan: ICA celebrates the Amazing Women
- Udupi: Time-table of Mumbai Trains - Courtesy Railway Yatri Sangha (R)
- Kuwait: FOCC organizes DNV CRYcket 2013
- Mangalore: 'Bindaas Khavo' ? - Not Anymore! Vegetables Prices So Steep, You'll Freak!
- Bangalore: Realtor arrested for lover's murder
- Mangalore: MLA J R Lobo Visits Dock to Take Stock of Pending Development Work
- Mangalore: Physiotherapy Outgoing Graduates and Post Graduates get Rousing Farewell
- Mangalore: Madhusudan D Kushe (78) of PVS Group No More
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat - Album
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat
- Kuwait: Billava Sangha Bids Farewell to Honorary Advisor A K Ravindra
- Ajman: Thumbay Group featured in 'Top 100 making an impact in the Arab World', by Forbes Magazine