New Member: adelaide dsouza, India
| Join Now! |
Panaji: Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential
Panaji, June 27 (IANS) Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Tuesday aggressively reiterated his commitment against the Karnataka based Hindu group Sri Rama Sene (SRS), calling its leader Pramod Muthalik "altu-faltu" (inconsequential).
Parrikar was responding to questions from the media about the proposed entry of the SRS in Goa and Muthalik's public invitation to Parrikar to inaugurate its proposed state unit.
The Goa administration had in 2009 banned Muthalik's entry into Goa, after media reports that he was planning to set up an SRS unit in the state.
"Why should I give so much weightage to Pramod Muthalik? Am I so bankrupt... I am asking you, should a chief minister accept such cheap invitations? Why should I pay attention to such altu faltu persons," asked Parrikar.
Muthalik's remarks about setting up shop in Goa earlier this month had created a public outcry here, with even the hospitality industry voicing its deep apprehensions.
The SRS had gained notoriety after its activists vandalized a pub in Mangalore, attacking its patrons including women in the name of "protection of Indian culture".
- Mangalore: Once Deranged Man from UP, Now Fully Cured, Wants to Know Way to His Home
- Moodbidri: Party Workers Celebrate Abhaya's Getting a Berth in State Cabinet
- Udupi: Thousands of audience witness Darpan 2013 shores of Malpe
- Puttur: Ashram's Woman Employee Alleges Assault by Secretary, Gets Hospitalized
- 7.08 Malpe
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted (Comment)
- Mangalore: Beary Sahitya Academy confers Honorary Awards 2013-14
- Udupi: Theft in Ermal Thenka Sandhu Danthi Brahmabaidrkala Garodi
- Mangalore: Puttur Girl Wins Gold at I-SWEEP Olympiad, USA
- Mango by Alfi
- Mangalore: DK District will witness development in Coming Days - Vinay Raj
- Mangalore: Rotary Vandana Award conferred on Kasaragod Chinna and MTC for the Blind
- Mangalore: Paul Moras, Govindaraya Shenoy and Bhavani Shanker chosen for Konkani Academy Awards
- Udupi: Sorake Sworn in as Minister - Congress Workers Hold Vijayotsava at Kaup
- Bangalore: Siddaramaiah expands ministry, leaves out 'mining-tainted' aspirants
- Mangalore: Woman Slips out of Hospital Defaulting on Cosmetic Surgery Bill, Nabbed Later
- Sullia: Officials Stall Underage Girl's Marriage, Order Families to Wait for 4 Months!
- Asia's sex imbalance is going to have huge consequences (The Funny Side)
- Mangalore: Daylight Theft of Valuables Worth Rs 2.67 Lakh from Kadri House
- Indore: Pervert who put chastity lock on wife gets 10 years in jail
- New Delhi: Girls outperform boys in ICSE Class X and XII exams
- Mangalore: Siddaramaiah in Hurry to Gain Publicity, Hurry will lead to Accident - P S Nayak
- Mangalore: MLA-elect J R Lobo Visits Thumbe Vented Dam Project
- Mangalore: Bajrang Dal Demands New State Government to Ban Illegal Abattoirs
- Kolkata: Student of Class 3 dies after teacher allegedly hits his head against the wall
- Mangalore: TRF Awarding Achievers from All Faiths During ' Talent Milad Award 2013'
- Bangalore: 29 ministers to be sworn in tomorrow, tainted to be kept out
- Saudi Arabia: 'Together We Go Further' - SKY Holds Picnic 2013
- Mangalore: Are You Ready For Some Football?State Level Inter-District Football Tourney
- Manipal: Journalist U B Rajalakshmi Awarded D Lit Degree by Hampi Varsity
- Lourdes Church Kanajar
- Udupi: tender coconut water
- Manipal University signs MoU with The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
- Kundapur: MLC Pratapchandra Shetty Summoned to Delhi - Ministerial Berth Likely?
- London: Savita's family to decide soon on lawsuit
- Udupi: Bada villagers Protested for Resuming Water Supply
- Udupi: 'Darpan 2013' to rock the shores of Malpe on May 18
- Mangalore: Entrepreneurs Multipurpose Co-operative Society Cheats 140 Depositors
- Mangalore: Shortage of Postal Stamps Creating Lot of Hassles in Mailing Letters
- Mangalore: 'Sleep Like a Baby'! Travel by KSRTC Volvo Bus to Pune, Mumbai and Other Cities
- Did You Know That PM Manmohan Has No Cash In Hand-Owns 1996 Maruti Car
- Kuwait: 'Kazar Zatam, Punn?' - Konkani ‘Songit Sanz’ musical staged in Salmiya
- Muscat: Oman Billawas Celebrate 3-Annual Day in Traditional Style
- Canada: Konkan Organization of Toronto To Strengthen Konkan Roots
- Bangalore: Siddu's Elevation to CM's Seat Celebrated with Mass 'Clean Shave'
- Chikmagalur: ANF Cop Injured in Exchange of Fire with Suspected Naxals
- Bangalore: 15 Kgs of Opium being Brought from Rajasthan to City Seized
- New Delhi: Cabinet will have people with 'clean image': Siddaramaiah
- New Delhi: Gold suffers second biggest fall this year; plunges by Rs 600
- Ajman: Thumbay Moideen Speaks at International Conference On Cooperation in Higher Education