Mangalore: Political Women Leaders to be Honoured by a Women's College
By Alok S, Team Mangalorean
Mangalore: The Department of Political Science, St. Agnes College (Autonomous) Mangalore will be organising a one-day seminar on 'Sixty Years of Karnataka Legislative Assembly' in the college campus on Saturday July 7.
Karnataka Legislative Council Chairman D H Shankarmurthy will inaugurate the seminar, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, Law & Urban development Suresh Kumar, will deliver the keynote address. St Agnes College Principal Dr Sr Prem D'Souza will preside over the function.
Speaking to media persons at the Mangalore press club here on Thursday July 5, Lecturer of Political Science Sr M Viola AC said" Being a women college, the women MLAs of undivided Dakshina Kannada will be honoured along with a special recognition for MLA UT Khader who has been conferred an award for highest number of questions asked in the current 'Vidhana Sabha'
Principal Dr Sr M Prem D'Souza AC informed that MLC Kota Srinivas Poojary will speak on 'Vidhana Sabha - the Temple of Democracy'; A panel discussion on 'People's Expectations from Vidhana Sabha' will follow. Former Chairman Legislative Council V R Sudharshan will also speak on 'Oustanding Parliamentarians of Karnataka Vidhana Sabha' .
Karnataka Legislative Assembly Leader of Opposition Siddharamiah will deliver the valedictory address. College Vice Principal Sr Supriya AC will be the Guest of Honour.
The registration fees for teachers is Rs 100, while there will be no fees charged for participating students. Participation Certificates will be issued only after the Valedictory programme.
The contact numbers are +91 9980555930 and +91 9686560399
Political Science Department Head Chandramohana Marathe was also present at the press meet.
- Raipur: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Cong chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Bangalore: Yeddyurappa Hints at Tie-up with Other Parties ahead of LS Polls
- Chitradurga: Accident Update - Three Victims from DK District
- Jeddah: Nitaqat law: Procedures implemented in Indian workers' interest - Al-Faisal
- Mangalore: 'Aadhar' or 'Niraadhar'? - No End in Sight for Applicants' Plight!
- Hyderabad: Fugitive Andhra murderer extradited to US
- Mangalore: State Forest Minister B Ramanath Rai visits Infant Jesus Shrine
- Chitradurga: Youngster from Sullia Taluk among Four Killed in Ghastly Road Mishap
- Udupi: Two boys drown in Karvalu river at Alevoor
- Mangalore: Nine-year-old Boy Electrocuted at Marnemikatta
- Mangalore: Action Will be Taken Against ACP Jagannath if Found Guilty - Kharbikar
- Udupi: Kaup will be made Town Panchayat - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Ajman: GMU hosts GMU MASE 2013 – Biggest Medical and Science Exhibition for Students
- Udupi: Mangalore Police Arrest JD(S) Leader and Film Producer Dhanraj in Fraud Case
- Mangalore: Minister U T Khader inaugurates 'Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo-2013'
- Udupi: Minister Sorake inaugurates MLA Pramodh Madhwaraj's New Office
- Mangalore: Health and family welfare minister U T Khader Receives Grievances from Public
- Saudi Arabia: 'Nitaqat' law - 75,000 Indians set to return, numbers could go up
- Mangalore: Janardhan Poojary Inaugurates MLA J R Lobo's Office at Kadri
- Puttur: Poaching of Rare Turtles in Netravati - MLA Takes up Matter with Police Chief
- Rockford (USA): Terry D'Souza Receives Presidential Medal
- Navi Mumbai: Actress charged with attempted kidnap of girl goes absconding
- Mangalore: BJP Trained Policemen to Harass Women during 5 years Tenure- Sara Abubaker
- Dubai: Saudi company to hire 5,000 Nitaqat-hit Indians
- Mangalore: 'One-Year Working in Rural Areas Mandatory for Medical Students'-U T Khader
- Udupi: State Government should Stay Away from Temples and Maths- Janardhan Poojary
- Washington: History maker 'Sri' Srinivasan's feat hailed widely
- Mangalore: Let the Present Government be Pro People - Former CM Sadananda Gowda
- Mumbai: Wife Commits Suicide While Husband Watches on Webcam
- Bangalore: Hoax Bomb Alert at IIMB Causes Scare and Evacuation
- Bangalore: Prof Ravivarma Kumar New Advocate General of State
- Udupi: Pejawar Swamiji Inaugurates Mukha Mantapa of Kaniyoor Math
- Mangalore: ASI Srikala Complains to Women's Commission - DCP to Hold Probe
- Phaneesh Murthy asked 'pregnant' employee to seek abortion, leave iGate: law firm
- UAE: Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- MP Nalin Kumar Kateel Condemns Government Decision to Control Maths and Temples
- Bangalore: Ministers in-charge - Rai for DK, Sorake for Udupi, Abhaya for C'magalur, Khader for Kodagu
- New Delhi: 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Michigan: ICA celebrates the Amazing Women
- Udupi: Time-table of Mumbai Trains - Courtesy Railway Yatri Sangha (R)
- Kuwait: FOCC organizes DNV CRYcket 2013
- Mangalore: 'Bindaas Khavo' ? - Not Anymore! Vegetables Prices So Steep, You'll Freak!
- Bangalore: Realtor arrested for lover's murder
- Mangalore: MLA J R Lobo Visits Dock to Take Stock of Pending Development Work
- Mangalore: Physiotherapy Outgoing Graduates and Post Graduates get Rousing Farewell
- Mangalore: Madhusudan D Kushe (78) of PVS Group No More
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat - Album
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat
- Kuwait: Billava Sangha Bids Farewell to Honorary Advisor A K Ravindra
- Ajman: Thumbay Group featured in 'Top 100 making an impact in the Arab World', by Forbes Magazine