New Member: Anusha Dísouza, India
| Join Now! |
Mangalore: ' Engineering Branch Selector ' - A Tool Serving Quality Guidance to Students
By Team Mangalorean
Mangalore: Very often we hear stammers and hiccups from even the brightest students who are all set to enter the threshold of a long nurtured destination- an Engineering college; if quizzed upon the branch preference.
Students are never to be blamed, because they are at the point of shifting gears of their study- in its pattern, content, spirit and substance- from a conventional mode into the professional mode. Without adept help, they would be in doldrums and land up in a wrong choice, that what would bear a retarding effect in the life.
Just imagine the plight of a person who has extremely good aptitude for drawing and designing and suffering allergy to dust ending up as a chemical engineer. He can only repent for not choosing architecture or civil engineering, which would have opened up the greenest meadows for him to graze. Many reasons including incompetent guidance, parental aspirations imposed on kids, peer pressures and sheer ignorance are responsible for this situation.
Engineering Branch Selector would help students to gauge their skills and aptitude to avoid any erroneous decision in the choice of an engineering branch. It analyses the potentials of the aspirant through 20 questions and enables them to pick the best branch among 26 different branches.
This is a fruit of long research which has taken inputs from the student community regarding their anxiety and solutions provided in accordance with the experience and knowledge of the finest engineers and academicians.
This project has been developed by the Software Engineer Ananth Prabhu at the state of the art research and development centre of Mangalore - Goal Technologies. Ananth was inspired to take up this project because, many students approached him for guidance after completing their 2nd PUC. Therefore, this tool was designed to help those students who are deprived from quality guidance residing in any part of the country having Internet accessibility.
The test is free of cost for all the students. Students are requested to enter their valid email ID on completion of the test and they would receive an E-copy of "ENGINEERING LIGHTHOUSE" a very popular book authored by Ananth Prabhu which is a complete reference for Engineering aspirants. For those students who want a personal consultation with Ananth Prabhu to get more clarity regarding their career selection, can find details on the same website.
Please find the attached file for the cartoon of Engineering Branch Selector
- 5.25 congress
- 5.20 JR lobo
- Bangalore: D V Sadananda Gowda Quits BJP National Vice President's Post
- rai Ad
- Mangalore: Congress is my religion, I have dedicated my life to Congress' - Ramanath Rai
- Puttur: Pillion-rider Dies on Spot after Tipper Knocks down Bike - Rider Critical
- Mangalore: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 70,000 to Snatcher while on Late-evening Walk
- 7.47 Iíll strive hard - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Udupi: ĎIíll strive hard for the welfare of the people of the districtí - Minister Vinay K Sorake
- Mangalore: B S Nagappa (81), Father of ZP CEO Vijayaprakash, Passes away
- Dubai: Indian university lecturer arrested in UAE
- Washington: Indian girl invents device that can charge phone in 20 seconds
- Dubai: Saudis not accepting newly-designed Indian passport
- Udupi: Urban Development Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake gets rousing welcome in Kaup
- Mangalore: IG South Sector Jayanth Murali Flags off Exclusive Special Coach for CAPF
- Mangalore: Sadananda Shetty Inaugurates State Level Inter-District Football Tournament
- Udupi: 24 Couples Tie Knot During Mass Marriage at Ambalpadi
- Mangalore: Garbage Collectors Or Garbage Sorters? Does MCC Care About Safety of Labourers
- Mangalore: Man From Bagalkot Found Hanging From a Tree Near Kadri Jogi Math
- Mysore: Yeddyurappa Briefly Goes 'out of Reach' - Gives Jitters to Security Team
- Mangalore: Distressed over Hospitalized Father's Illness, Doting Daughter Ends Life at Home
- Mangalore: Straying Indian Sambar Gets Stranded in Well - Shifted to Pilikula Park
- Udupi: Boat overturns at Malpe - Two year old child Missing
- Mangalore: JCI-Dinky hold 20th Annual Ice-Cream Eating Competitions
- Bangalore: Karnataka CM allots portfolios, retains key departments
- Ajman: GMC Hospital Hosts Grand Doctors Meet 2013 - Felicitates Achievers
- Mangalore: Red Cross Opens Blood Bank in Lady Goschen
- Kundapur: Installation Ceremony of Pragati Bandhu SHG Kota Office Bearers
- Mangalore: MLA-elect J R Lobo Discusses Development Plans of DK with Veerappa Moily
- Pros and Cons of 'Energy Drinks'- But Should They Be Banned?
- Bangalore: CM leaves out tainted men, 28 ministers sworn in; portfolios likely today
- Mangalore: Clean Verdict Against Communal Forces by People of Dakshina Kannada - U T Khader
- Mangalore: Man from UP, Once Deranged, Now Fully Cured, Wants to Know Way to His Home
- Moodbidri: Party Workers Celebrate Abhaya's Getting a Berth in State Cabinet
- Udupi: Thousands of audience witness Darpan 2013 on Shores of Malpe
- Puttur: Ashram's Woman Employee Alleges Assault by Secretary, Gets Hospitalized
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted (Comment)
- Mangalore: Beary Sahitya Academy confers Honorary Awards 2013-14
- Udupi: Theft in Ermal Thenka Sandhu Danthi Brahmabaidrkala Garodi
- Mangalore: DK District will witness development in Coming Days - Vinay Raj
- Mangalore: Rotary Vandana Award conferred on Kasaragod Chinna and MTC for the Blind
- Mangalore: Paul Moras, Govindaraya Shenoy and Bhavani Shanker chosen for Konkani Academy Awards
- Udupi: Sorake Sworn in as Minister - Congress Workers Hold Vijayotsava at Kaup
- Bangalore: Siddaramaiah expands ministry, leaves out 'mining-tainted' aspirants
- Mangalore: Woman Slips out of Hospital Defaulting on Cosmetic Surgery Bill, Nabbed Later
- Sullia: Officials Stall Underage Girl's Marriage, Order Families to Wait for 4 Months!
- Asia's sex imbalance is going to have huge consequences (The Funny Side)
- Mangalore: Daylight Theft of Valuables Worth Rs 2.67 Lakh from Kadri House