New Member: JENNIFER NAZARETH, India
| Join Now! |
Udupi: Congress Disputes MLA's 110 Acres of Land Possession
Report by Vivek C
Pics by Michael Rodrigues
Team Mangalorean Udupi
Udupi: “The MLA of Udupi, Ragupathi Bhat has illegally possessed 110 acres of land from KIADB out of which he has given upto 44 acres to his friend from Mumbai” said Udupi block congress chief secretary, Janardhan Bhandarkar. He was speaking at a press meet held at the Udupi press club on Tuesday July 10, 2012.
This illegal plot possessed by the MLA is said to be in the Nandikoor area, where Karnataka Govt had given directives on 3-12-2002 for availing 110.61 acres of land to KIADB for promoting Small Scale Industries in Nadikoor Grama. This 110.6 acres of land exists adjacent to KPTCL Sub Station near Nandikoor lying across both sides of the road crossing the Padubidri – Karkala road.
This land was allotted to the ministry for small scale industries for progress and development in this area. This land though comes under the Kaup constituency, the MLA is said to have written to the then chief minister B. S. Yedyurappa and the minister handling the state port folio Murugesh Nirani in the year 2009 to gentrify the 44 acre land.
And the land that remained a part of it was planned to be utilized for the developmental works. This land is said to be in a hot spot area and now fetching over crore of rupees. This scam done by the MLA is fetching him 44 crore rupees. The transfer and RTC procedure of this piece of land is in process in the office and the friend of the MLA who shall be receiving this huge favour shall pay him back the amount in the form of a donation.
We will submit a detailed report along with all needed evidence to the Chief Minister of Karnataka. We will also request him to have a look into it and hand over the issue to the Lokayuktha and make sure this culprit is punished, said Janardhan Bhandarkar
Udupi Block congress vice president Prakhyath Shetty, Udupi Youth congress president Yathis Karkera, General Secretary Ramesh Kanchan, Udupi Block Congress Right to Information Cell’s Yogish Shet were present during the press meet.
- Bangalore: Hoax Bomb Alert at IIMB Causes Scare and Evacuation
- Bangalore: Prof Ravivarma Kumar New Advocate General of State
- Udupi: Pejawar Swamiji Inaugurates Mukha Mantapa of Kaniyoor Math
- Mangalore: ASI Srikala Complains to Women's Commission - DCP to Hold Probe
- Mangalore: Chakrapani Nrithya Sangeetha Kala Kendra to Stage Tulu Dance 'Amar Bollilu'
- Bangalore: Am pregnant with Phaneesh's child: iGate victim
- UAE: Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- MP Nalin Kumar Kateel Condemns Government Decision to Control Maths and Temples
- Bangalore: Ministers in-charge - Rai for DK, Sorake for Udupi, Abhaya for C'magalur, Khader for Kodagu
- New Delhi: 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Michigan: ICA celebrates the Amazing Women
- Udupi: Time-table of Mumbai Trains - Courtesy Railway Yatri Sangha (R)
- Kuwait: FOCC organizes DNV CRYcket 2013
- Mangalore: 'Bindaas Khavo' ? - Not Anymore! Vegetables Prices So Steep, You'll Freak!
- Bangalore: Realtor arrested for lover's murder
- Mangalore: MLA J R Lobo Visits Dock to Take Stock of Pending Development Work
- Mangalore: Physiotherapy Outgoing Graduates and Post Graduates get Rousing Farewell
- Mangalore: Madhusudan D Kushe (78) of PVS Group No More
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat - Album
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat
- Kuwait: Billava Sangha Bids Farewell to Honorary Advisor A K Ravindra
- Ajman: Thumbay Group featured in 'Top 100 making an impact in the Arab World', by Forbes Magazine
- Mangalore: 'Rhythm' rocks Father Muller stadium
- Bangalore: Facebook Fallout - Lover in a Hurry to Marry Assaults Woman with Axe
- Puttur: MLA Shakuntala Shetty Cautions Officials against Taking Her for Granted
- Mangalore: Minister Rai Outlines Plans for Supply of Drinking Water, Preserving Nature
- Realty Buildcon Expo AD
- Udupi: A Dream Come True-Villagers Rejoice Over the Newly Constructed Bavalikudru Bridge
- Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo '13 to Cater Complete Real Estate Needs of a Customer
- Vatican City: Pope Francis did not intend to perform any exorcism: Vatican
- Mangalore: Talent Research Foundation Confers 'Talent Milad Awards-2013'
- Mangalore: Minister Ramanath Rai has a Recurring Bond with Khakhi!
- Mangalore: City Cops' Crackdown on Speeding Motorists and Clampdown on Illegal Parking
- Mumbai: Spot-fixing taint reaches Bollywood, Vindoo arrested
- Mangalore: 'Victory is not Mine, It's yours, I am Just a Face of Your Victory' - MLA J R Lobo - Album
- Udupi: Shetty Couple killed in Bus Accident at Kaup
- Mangalore: Former International Sprinter Anand Shetty Passes Away at Age 52
- Mangalore: 'Victory is not Mine, It's yours, I am Just a Face of Your Victory' - MLA J R Lobo
- Udupi: Car and Truck collision, Three Dead on Spot Near Padubidri
- 5.45 circuit house ramantha rai
- 5.25 congress ramanath rai
- Mangalore: Bishop Dr Aloysius D'Souza Felicitates MLA J R Lobo
- Bangalore: D V Sadananda Gowda Quits BJP National Vice President's Post
- Mangalore: Congress is my religion, I have dedicated my life to Congress' - Ramanath Rai
- Puttur: Pillion-rider Dies on Spot after Tipper Knocks down Bike - Rider Critical
- Mangalore: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 70,000 to Snatcher while on Late-evening Walk
- 7.47 I’ll strive hard - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Udupi: ‘I’ll strive hard for the welfare of the people of the district’ - Minister Vinay K Sorake
- Mangalore: B S Nagappa (81), Father of ZP CEO Vijayaprakash, Passes away