New Member: JENNIFER NAZARETH, India
| Join Now! |
Manipal: Kota Srinivas Poojary Clarifies to CM over Temple Pooja Controversy
Report by Michael Rodrigues
Team Mangalorean Udupi
Manipal: Karnataka State is reeling under drought at different places.† Agricultural Department is trying to provide seeds necessary for agriculture to the farmers.† Village Panchayath is helping for irrigation's facilities.† Revenue Department is availing relief to the victims. Likewise Mujarai Department has also been directed to start prayers in the temple by us.† What's wrong with it ?
This was the explanation given by† Srinivas Poojary, Minister for Mujarai, while speaking with media persons on Sunday July 22, 2012 after inaugurating his news office at Rajathadri ,Manipal.
It is at this point of time, Jagadish Shetter, new CM phoned up the Minister and asked his explanation over his statement that appeared in the Press and became a bone of contention between the opposition leaders.
Answering the call, Poojary said, "Let this matter come for discussion in the Assembly, I will answer it.† Nothing has happened ,as the opposition is crying about.† Mujarai Department has not sanctioned not even single rupee, forget 17 crores.† The respective temples are looking after the expenses themselves. Temples may utilize money in the 'Hundi' for this.† Thinking that this must be an extravaganza, a maxim Rs. 5,000/- has been made to be the ceiling", he replied.
"Fighting drought in the state, all other departments are doing their own arrangements as per their might ; Mujarai Department is also doing the same. Under Mujarai, temples observe rituals such as Pooja, Homa.† Likewise it has been instructed to do the rituals in the temples, that is all", replied the Minister Poojary in reply to the CM over the phone.
17 crores used for offering Pooja could have been used for mitigating drought itself, being the statement from opposition, Srinivas Poojary, Minister for Mujarai in his inimitable style replied "Pooja is also offered for mitigating drought (Baragala)", that is his timely sense of humour well timed !
Deputy commissioner of Udupi District Dr. M T Reju, Additional DC Kumar, Udupi MLA Raghupathi Bhat, Kaup MLA Lalaji R Mendon, Udupi zilla panchayath CEO Prabhakar Sharma, Udupi zilla panchayath president Katapday Shanker Poojary, Udupi district BJP Chief Uday Kumar Shetty, Udupi Taluk Panchayath president Devadaas Hebbar, BJP leaders Somsehkar Bhat, Gujjady Prabhakar Nayak, Upendra Nayak and others were present on the occasion
- Puttur: MLA Shakuntala Shetty Cautions Officials against Taking Her for Granted
- Mangalore: Minister Rai Outline Plans for Supply of Drinking Water, Preserving Nature
- Realty Buildcon Expo AD
- Udupi: A Dream Come True-Villagers Rejoice Over the Newly Constructed Bavalikudru Bridge
- Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo '13 to Cater Complete Real Estate Needs of a Customer
- Vatican City: Pope Francis did not intend to perform any exorcism: Vatican
- Mangalore: Talent Research Foundation Confers 'Talent Milad Awards-2013'
- Mangalore: Minister Ramanath Rai has a Recurring Bond with Khakhi!
- Mangalore: City Cops' Crackdown on Speeding Motorists and Clampdown on Illegal Parking
- Mumbai: Spot-fixing taint reaches Bollywood, Vindoo arrested
- Mangalore: 'Victory is not Mine, It's yours, I am Just a Face of Your Victory' - MLA J R Lobo - Album
- Udupi: Shetty Couple killed in Bus Accident at Kaup
- Mangalore: Former International Sprinter Anand Shetty Passes Away at Age 52
- Mangalore: 'Victory is not Mine, It's yours, I am Just a Face of Your Victory' - MLA J R Lobo
- Udupi: Car and Truck collision, Three Dead on Spot Near Padubidri
- 5.45 circuit house ramantha rai
- 5.25 congress ramanath rai
- Mangalore: Bishop Dr Aloysius D'Souza Felicitates MLA J R Lobo
- Bangalore: D V Sadananda Gowda Quits BJP National Vice President's Post
- Mangalore: Congress is my religion, I have dedicated my life to Congress' - Ramanath Rai
- Puttur: Pillion-rider Dies on Spot after Tipper Knocks down Bike - Rider Critical
- Mangalore: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 70,000 to Snatcher while on Late-evening Walk
- 7.47 Iíll strive hard - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Udupi: ĎIíll strive hard for the welfare of the people of the districtí - Minister Vinay K Sorake
- Mangalore: B S Nagappa (81), Father of ZP CEO Vijayaprakash, Passes away
- Dubai: Indian university lecturer arrested in UAE
- Washington: Indian girl invents device that can charge phone in 20 seconds
- Dubai: Saudis not accepting newly-designed Indian passport
- Udupi: Urban Development Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake gets rousing welcome in Kaup
- Mangalore: IG South Sector Jayanth Murali Flags off Exclusive Special Coach for CAPF
- Mangalore: Sadananda Shetty Inaugurates State Level Inter-District Football Tournament
- Udupi: 24 Couples Tie Knot During Mass Marriage at Ambalpadi
- Mangalore: Garbage Collectors Or Garbage Sorters? Does MCC Care About Safety of Labourers
- Mangalore: Man From Bagalkot Found Hanging From a Tree Near Kadri Jogi Math
- Mysore: Yeddyurappa Briefly Goes 'out of Reach' - Gives Jitters to Security Team
- Mangalore: Distressed over Hospitalized Father's Illness, Doting Daughter Ends Life at Home
- Mangalore: Straying Indian Sambar Gets Stranded in Well - Shifted to Pilikula Park
- Udupi: Boat overturns at Malpe - Two year old child Missing
- Mangalore: JCI-Dinky hold 20th Annual Ice-Cream Eating Competitions
- Bangalore: Karnataka CM allots portfolios, retains key departments
- Ajman: GMC Hospital Hosts Grand Doctors Meet 2013 - Felicitates Achievers
- Mangalore: Red Cross Opens Blood Bank in Lady Goschen
- Kundapur: Installation Ceremony of Pragati Bandhu SHG Kota Office Bearers
- Mangalore: MLA-elect J R Lobo Discusses Development Plans of DK with Veerappa Moily
- Pros and Cons of 'Energy Drinks'- But Should They Be Banned?
- Bangalore: CM leaves out tainted men, 28 ministers sworn in; portfolios likely today
- Mangalore: Clean Verdict Against Communal Forces by People of Dakshina Kannada - U T Khader
- Mangalore: Man from UP, Once Deranged, Now Fully Cured, Wants to Know Way to His Home
- Moodbidri: Party Workers Celebrate Abhaya's Getting a Berth in State Cabinet