New Member: Anusha Dísouza, India
| Join Now! |
Mangalore: Support Galore In The Wake of Party Attack - Colleges Bundh on Monday
By Violet Pereira,
Pics by Kiran Fernandes
Mangalore: The District Congress party workers staged a protest in front of the Gandhi Statue, located oposite to City Corporation Offices, Lalbagh here on July 29.
The protesters demanded justice for the 13 students who were molested, assaulted and looted by Hindu Jagarana Vedike members on July 28 when they were celebrating the birthday of one of their friend at the Morning Mist Home Stay resort near Padil. The youth congress leaders and members had condemned the inhumane act and protested on 28 July in front of the Pandeshwar Police station demanding the arrest of the culprits.
On July 29, at around 4 p.m the KPCC Secretary Ivan D'Souza along with Mithun Rai, Praveenchandra Alva, former Mayor Ashraf, Corporator Nagendra, Latheef, Vishawanth Gowda, Girish Shetty and other party workers protested near the Gandhi Statue near Lalbagh. Section 144 being imposed in the city for 3 days, gathering of a group of more than five persons in any area is prohibited and no permission will be given for any protest. But as soon as the protesters, who had gathered in more than five people on the streets, they were arrested and taken to the Commissioner's office, where after completing the formalities, were released.
The Youth Congress under the leadership of Mithun Rai has called for 'all college bundh' on Monday, July 30. Speaking to Mangalorean.com, Mithun Rai said that colleges in Puttur, Sullia, Moodbidri,Surathlal, Belthangadi, Karkal, Bantwal and Mangalore will remain closed tomorrow and they will support the bundh in favor of the 13 students who were assaulted.
Federation of Indian Rationalist Association condemns attack on women
Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations strongly condemns the attack on women by communal elements in the name of moral policing in Mangalore, Dakshina Kannada. The concept of this moral policing is being used by some anti -social elements to attempt, molest and rape helpless women and has no place in a democracy.
- Mangalore: Talent Research Foundation Confers 'Talent Milad Awards-2013'
- Mangalore: Minister Ramanath Rai has a Recurring Bond with Khakhi!
- Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo '13 to Cater Complete Real Estate Needs of a Customer
- Mangalore: City Cops 'Crackdown' on Speeding Motorists and 'Clampdown' on Illegal Parking
- Mumbai: Spot-fixing taint reaches Bollywood, Vindoo arrested
- Mangalore: 'Victory is not Mine, It's yours, I am Just a Face of Your Victory' - MLA J R Lobo - Album
- Udupi: Shetty Couple killed in Bus Accident at Kaup
- Mangalore: Former International Sprinter Anand Shetty Passes Away at Age 52
- Udupu: Car and Truck collision, Three Dead on Spot Near Padubidri
- 5.45 circuit house ramantha rai
- 5.25 congress ramanath rai
- Mangalore: Bishop Dr Aloysius D'Souza Felicitates MLA J R Lobo
- Bangalore: D V Sadananda Gowda Quits BJP National Vice President's Post
- rai Ad
- Mangalore: Congress is my religion, I have dedicated my life to Congress' - Ramanath Rai
- Puttur: Pillion-rider Dies on Spot after Tipper Knocks down Bike - Rider Critical
- Mangalore: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 70,000 to Snatcher while on Late-evening Walk
- 7.47 Iíll strive hard - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Udupi: ĎIíll strive hard for the welfare of the people of the districtí - Minister Vinay K Sorake
- Mangalore: B S Nagappa (81), Father of ZP CEO Vijayaprakash, Passes away
- Dubai: Indian university lecturer arrested in UAE
- Washington: Indian girl invents device that can charge phone in 20 seconds
- Dubai: Saudis not accepting newly-designed Indian passport
- Udupi: Urban Development Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake gets rousing welcome in Kaup
- Mangalore: IG South Sector Jayanth Murali Flags off Exclusive Special Coach for CAPF
- Mangalore: Sadananda Shetty Inaugurates State Level Inter-District Football Tournament
- Udupi: 24 Couples Tie Knot During Mass Marriage at Ambalpadi
- Mangalore: Garbage Collectors Or Garbage Sorters? Does MCC Care About Safety of Labourers
- Mangalore: Man From Bagalkot Found Hanging From a Tree Near Kadri Jogi Math
- Mysore: Yeddyurappa Briefly Goes 'out of Reach' - Gives Jitters to Security Team
- Mangalore: Distressed over Hospitalized Father's Illness, Doting Daughter Ends Life at Home
- Mangalore: Straying Indian Sambar Gets Stranded in Well - Shifted to Pilikula Park
- Udupi: Boat overturns at Malpe - Two year old child Missing
- Mangalore: JCI-Dinky hold 20th Annual Ice-Cream Eating Competitions
- Bangalore: Karnataka CM allots portfolios, retains key departments
- Ajman: GMC Hospital Hosts Grand Doctors Meet 2013 - Felicitates Achievers
- Mangalore: Red Cross Opens Blood Bank in Lady Goschen
- Kundapur: Installation Ceremony of Pragati Bandhu SHG Kota Office Bearers
- Mangalore: MLA-elect J R Lobo Discusses Development Plans of DK with Veerappa Moily
- Pros and Cons of 'Energy Drinks'- But Should They Be Banned?
- Bangalore: CM leaves out tainted men, 28 ministers sworn in; portfolios likely today
- Mangalore: Clean Verdict Against Communal Forces by People of Dakshina Kannada - U T Khader
- Mangalore: Man from UP, Once Deranged, Now Fully Cured, Wants to Know Way to His Home
- Moodbidri: Party Workers Celebrate Abhaya's Getting a Berth in State Cabinet
- Udupi: Thousands of audience witness Darpan 2013 on Shores of Malpe
- Puttur: Ashram's Woman Employee Alleges Assault by Secretary, Gets Hospitalized
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted (Comment)
- Mangalore: Beary Sahitya Academy confers Honorary Awards 2013-14
- Udupi: Theft in Ermal Thenka Sandhu Danthi Brahmabaidrkala Garodi