From Lokpal to Votepal : A Diluted Mission
By Dr P L Joshi , Bahrain
After 16 months of corruption movement by Anna team, which was started with a big fanfare, the movement got diluted from purity to politics. Anna team has decided to jump into the politics and form a political party in order to bring a system change in the country. In my opinion, the mission has got diluted and Anna strategy has failed to fight corruption. The fasting of team Anna members has failed to pull crowd to support to their anti corruption movement. The main reason is that Anna team lacks the art of compromising and negotiating skills in a political arena.
I have serious apprehensions on the strength of the Anna team to fight elections in complex Indian scenario the way it is fought today. Indian elections are fought under the garb of family dynasty, party coteries, castism, money game, religion, and regional factors. Indian common man wants Roti Kapada and Makaan in order to survive in today's inflationary economy, and eradication of corruption is a secondary thought for them.
Anna corruption movement remained non-violence but when they fight election, they will be a part of violence environment. It is not an easy task to contest election in Indian system as one has to be a smart master of politics. I guess that Congress may pass the Lokpal Bill before 2014 elections and steal the show from Anna team. On what issues, Anna team will fight election then. I guess it may fight to lose election. Anna team should understand that it is not that easy to make a transition from a non political issue to a political issue in overnight.
My gut feeling says that Anna political party will turn out to be a private limited company ,and also an ancillary unit of Bhartiya Janta Party in political elections. They may not be able to maintain unity among themselves , and it will receive its natural death in due course. Fighting social issues are different from political issues and politics is a dirty game in this country.
- Mangalore: Nine-year-old Boy Electrocuted at Marnemikatta
- Mangalore: Action Will be Taken Against ACP Jagannath if Found Guilty - Kharbikar
- Udupi: Kaup will be made Town Panchayat - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Ajman: GMU hosts GMU MASE 2013 – Biggest Medical and Science Exhibition for Students
- Udupi: Mangalore Police Arrest JD(S) Leader and Film Producer Dhanraj in Fraud Case
- Mangalore: Minister U T Khader inaugurates 'Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo-2013'
- Udupi: Minister Sorake inaugurates MLA Pramodh Madhwaraj's New Office
- Mangalore: Health and family welfare minister U T Khader Receives Grievances from Public
- Saudi Arabia: 'Nitaqat' law - 75,000 Indians set to return, numbers could go up
- Mangalore: Janardhan Poojary Inaugurates MLA J R Lobo's Office at Kadri
- Puttur: Poaching of Rare Turtles in Netravati - MLA Takes up Matter with Police Chief
- Rockford (USA): Terry D'Souza Receives Presidential Medal
- Navi Mumbai: Actress charged with attempted kidnap of girl goes absconding
- Mangalore: BJP Trained Policemen to Harass Women during 5 years Tenure- Sara Abubaker
- Dubai: Saudi company to hire 5,000 Nitaqat-hit Indians
- Mangalore: 'One-Year Working in Rural Areas Mandatory for Medical Students'-U T Khader
- Udupi: State Government should Stay Away from Temples and Maths- Janardhan Poojary
- Washington: History maker 'Sri' Srinivasan's feat hailed widely
- Mangalore: Let the Present Government be Pro People - Former CM Sadananda Gowda
- Mumbai: Wife Commits Suicide While Husband Watches on Webcam
- Bangalore: Hoax Bomb Alert at IIMB Causes Scare and Evacuation
- Bangalore: Prof Ravivarma Kumar New Advocate General of State
- Udupi: Pejawar Swamiji Inaugurates Mukha Mantapa of Kaniyoor Math
- Mangalore: ASI Srikala Complains to Women's Commission - DCP to Hold Probe
- Phaneesh Murthy asked 'pregnant' employee to seek abortion, leave iGate: law firm
- UAE: Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- MP Nalin Kumar Kateel Condemns Government Decision to Control Maths and Temples
- Bangalore: Ministers in-charge - Rai for DK, Sorake for Udupi, Abhaya for C'magalur, Khader for Kodagu
- New Delhi: 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Michigan: ICA celebrates the Amazing Women
- Udupi: Time-table of Mumbai Trains - Courtesy Railway Yatri Sangha (R)
- Kuwait: FOCC organizes DNV CRYcket 2013
- Mangalore: 'Bindaas Khavo' ? - Not Anymore! Vegetables Prices So Steep, You'll Freak!
- Bangalore: Realtor arrested for lover's murder
- Mangalore: MLA J R Lobo Visits Dock to Take Stock of Pending Development Work
- Mangalore: Physiotherapy Outgoing Graduates and Post Graduates get Rousing Farewell
- Mangalore: Madhusudan D Kushe (78) of PVS Group No More
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat - Album
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat
- Kuwait: Billava Sangha Bids Farewell to Honorary Advisor A K Ravindra
- Ajman: Thumbay Group featured in 'Top 100 making an impact in the Arab World', by Forbes Magazine
- Mangalore: 'Rhythm' rocks Father Muller stadium
- Bangalore: Facebook Fallout - Lover in a Hurry to Marry Assaults Woman with Axe
- Puttur: MLA Shakuntala Shetty Cautions Officials against Taking Her for Granted
- Mangalore: Minister Rai Outlines Plans for Supply of Drinking Water, Preserving Nature
- Realty Buildcon Expo AD
- Udupi: A Dream Come True-Villagers Rejoice Over the Newly Constructed Bavalikudru Bridge
- Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo '13 to Cater Complete Real Estate Needs of a Customer
- Vatican City: Pope Francis did not intend to perform any exorcism: Vatican
- Mangalore: Talent Research Foundation Confers 'Talent Milad Awards-2013'