New Member: Abhilash Vasudev, India
| Join Now! |
Kundapur: 'Spoorthi Dhama' Comes To The Rescue of Mother and Two kids
Report by Yogish D Kumbhasi
Team Mangalorean Kundapur
Kundapur: This is a story of a girl who didn't listen to her parents advise, fell in love with a male against her parents wishes, married him, had two kids, and later moved out of the house, but has finally found a place to live at Spoorthi Dhama--her story is a good example for the present teens to learn.
The example of this girl who realizes that life's cup of woe is full ,and decides leaving somewhere, not knowing where and when life's love turns bitter. This could also be a lesson if anyone resorts to immediate pleasure in youth forgetting the long journey of life without doing sufficient preparations for it.
Revathi is from Karwar in Uttara Kannada, She fell in love while in 7th Std. Being the eldest of a family of 5, she fell in love with Sudesh her class mate. Not heeding to anyone in the family, before the crossing of her teenage she married him. She drifted far away from parents for this. She became a mother of two kids . Sudesh started treating Revathi very well in the beginning, but gradually started hating her. He got addicted to drinking , and stopped working. Revathi started working to earn their daily bread and support the family.† She collected 2 bundles of firewood everyday in the far away forest, sustained the family and sent children to school from this little money. Her son Sanjaya is in 4th Std, while daughter Sanjana is in 1st Std.
While she was struggling hard and pulling the family together, her own husband didn't support her.† He used to get drunk everyday, started abusing her, beat her, and also started pushing her out of the house in the night. Finally getting tired of all this, Revathi with her 2 children left the house knowing not where she was going.
If everyone had a suspicious attitude, she couldn't go to her parents; they were away from her since 10 years. When she alighted from the bus in Kundapur, somebody suggested her Spoorthi dhama, a right place for her to stay. Knowing not what, she came to Spoorthi Dhama in Beloor. Right now, she is staying with her 2 children in Spoorthi dhama.† She wishes that she educates her 2 children and make them independent. Keshava Koteshwara, MD of Spoorthi dhama has promised her full support for fulfilling her desire and† her children. Her two children are happily playing with other children in Spoorthi dhama. Let's wait and watch what will happen subsequently.
- rai Ad
- Mangalore: Congress is my religion, I have dedicated my life to Congress' - Ramanath Rai
- Puttur: Pillion-rider Dies on Spot after Tipper Knocks down Bike - Rider Critical
- Mangalore: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 70,000 to Snatcher while on Late-evening Walk
- 7.47 Iíll strive hard - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Udupi: ĎIíll strive hard for the welfare of the people of the districtí - Minister Vinay K Sorake
- Mangalore: B S Nagappa (81), Father of ZP CEO Vijayaprakash, Passes away
- Dubai: Indian university lecturer arrested in UAE
- Washington: Indian girl invents device that can charge phone in 20 seconds
- Dubai: Saudis not accepting newly-designed Indian passport
- Udupi: Urban Development Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake gets rousing welcome in Kaup
- Mangalore: IG South Sector Jayanth Murali Flags off Exclusive Special Coach for CAPF
- Mangalore: Sadananda Shetty Inaugurates State Level Inter-District Football Tournament
- Udupi: 24 Couples Tie Knot During Mass Marriage at Ambalpadi
- Mangalore: Garbage Collectors Or Garbage Sorters? Does MCC Care About Safety of Labourers
- Mangalore: Man From Bagalkot Found Hanging From a Tree Near Kadri Jogi Math
- Mysore: Yeddyurappa Briefly Goes 'out of Reach' - Gives Jitters to Security Team
- Mangalore: Distressed over Hospitalized Father's Illness, Doting Daughter Ends Life at Home
- Mangalore: Straying Indian Sambar Gets Stranded in Well - Shifted to Pilikula Park
- Udupi: Boat overturns at Malpe - Two year old child Missing
- Mangalore: JCI-Dinky hold 20th Annual Ice-Cream Eating Competitions
- Bangalore: Karnataka CM allots portfolios, retains key departments
- Ajman: GMC Hospital Hosts Grand Doctors Meet 2013 - Felicitates Achievers
- Mangalore: Red Cross Opens Blood Bank in Lady Goschen
- Kundapur: Installation Ceremony of Pragati Bandhu SHG Kota Office Bearers
- Mangalore: MLA-elect J R Lobo Discusses Development Plans of DK with Veerappa Moily
- Pros and Cons of 'Energy Drinks'- But Should They Be Banned?
- Bangalore: CM leaves out tainted men, 28 ministers sworn in; portfolios likely today
- Mangalore: Clean Verdict Against Communal Forces by People of Dakshina Kannada - U T Khader
- Mangalore: Man from UP, Once Deranged, Now Fully Cured, Wants to Know Way to His Home
- Moodbidri: Party Workers Celebrate Abhaya's Getting a Berth in State Cabinet
- Udupi: Thousands of audience witness Darpan 2013 on Shores of Malpe
- Puttur: Ashram's Woman Employee Alleges Assault by Secretary, Gets Hospitalized
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted (Comment)
- Mangalore: Beary Sahitya Academy confers Honorary Awards 2013-14
- Udupi: Theft in Ermal Thenka Sandhu Danthi Brahmabaidrkala Garodi
- Mangalore: DK District will witness development in Coming Days - Vinay Raj
- Mangalore: Rotary Vandana Award conferred on Kasaragod Chinna and MTC for the Blind
- Mangalore: Paul Moras, Govindaraya Shenoy and Bhavani Shanker chosen for Konkani Academy Awards
- Udupi: Sorake Sworn in as Minister - Congress Workers Hold Vijayotsava at Kaup
- Bangalore: Siddaramaiah expands ministry, leaves out 'mining-tainted' aspirants
- Mangalore: Woman Slips out of Hospital Defaulting on Cosmetic Surgery Bill, Nabbed Later
- Sullia: Officials Stall Underage Girl's Marriage, Order Families to Wait for 4 Months!
- Asia's sex imbalance is going to have huge consequences (The Funny Side)
- Mangalore: Daylight Theft of Valuables Worth Rs 2.67 Lakh from Kadri House
- Indore: Pervert who put chastity lock on wife gets 10 years in jail
- New Delhi: Girls outperform boys in ICSE Class X and XII exams
- Mangalore: Siddaramaiah in Hurry to Gain Publicity, Hurry will lead to Accident - P S Nayak