Udupi: Protest Over Tiger Conservation Unwarranted : Gopal Bhandary
Report by Michael Rodrigues
Team Mangalorean Udupi
Udupi: Over the Kudremukh Tiger Conservation Plan that has been dropped by State BJP Government itself, Former MLA Sunil Kumar of Karkala has been misleading the people and putting them in a state of fright. This is being done because of the ensuing elections, said H Gopal Bhandary, Karkala MLA. He was addressing the press conference here at Hotel Sharada International Udupi on Friday August 3.
The DC himself has given notification in the newspaper that legal action will be taken against those who create confusion in the name of Tiger Conservation Plan, DC must take legal action against Sunil Kumar, former MLA and his followers, said K Jayaprakash Hegde, MP Udupi-chikmagalur Constituency.
Gopal Bhandary releasing evidence over the dropping of Tiger Conservation Plan by the Government, along with K Jayaprakash Hegde asserted that the plan had been dropped by C P Yogishwar, State BJP Forest Minister himself, and there is no room to panic over it. Sunil Kumar, former MLA has been misleading people against the Centre and creating panic. When Chief Minister held a meeting to send proposal to the centre, the Karkala MLA did not attend the meeting. Now he has no right to fight for the Tiger Conservation Plan, said Gopal Bhandary.
DV Sadananda Gowda, when he was the Chief Minister, had insisted over the Kudremukh & Bhadra Tiger Conservatory for its execution and sent a proposal to the Government. There is no Forest Department in Central Government but it is a portfolio of the State Government. Central Government had sanctioned the proposal of Tiger Conservatory over the proposal of the State Government asserted K. Jayaprakash Hegde, MP.
Th State Government itself has dropped Tiger Conservatory, Central Government cannot do anything about it; hence this idea will not materialize. Reacting over the protest rally held by Sunil Kumar is not fair, said MP K Jayaprakash Hegde.
There are only 1 or 2 tigers in Kudremukh Conservatory. There is no need for Tiger Yojana for the defense of these tigers. It is enough if such plans are instituted wherever there is need for it, Hegde clarified.
- Navi Mumbai: Actress charged with attempted kidnap of girl goes absconding
- Mangalore: BJP Trained Policemen to Harass Women during 5 years Tenure- Sara Abubaker
- Dubai: Saudi company to hire 5,000 Nitaqat-hit Indians
- Mangalore: 'One-Year Working in Rural Areas Mandatory for Medical Students'-U T Khader
- Udupi: State Government should Stay Away from Temples and Maths- Janardhan Poojary
- Washington: History maker 'Sri' Srinivasan's feat hailed widely
- Mangalore: Let the Present Government be Pro People - Former CM Sadananda Gowda
- Mumbai: Wife Commits Suicide While Husband Watches on Webcam
- Bangalore: Hoax Bomb Alert at IIMB Causes Scare and Evacuation
- Bangalore: Prof Ravivarma Kumar New Advocate General of State
- Udupi: Pejawar Swamiji Inaugurates Mukha Mantapa of Kaniyoor Math
- Mangalore: ASI Srikala Complains to Women's Commission - DCP to Hold Probe
- Bangalore: Am pregnant with Phaneesh's child: iGate victim
- UAE: Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- MP Nalin Kumar Kateel Condemns Government Decision to Control Maths and Temples
- Bangalore: Ministers in-charge - Rai for DK, Sorake for Udupi, Abhaya for C'magalur, Khader for Kodagu
- New Delhi: 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Michigan: ICA celebrates the Amazing Women
- Udupi: Time-table of Mumbai Trains - Courtesy Railway Yatri Sangha (R)
- Kuwait: FOCC organizes DNV CRYcket 2013
- Mangalore: 'Bindaas Khavo' ? - Not Anymore! Vegetables Prices So Steep, You'll Freak!
- Bangalore: Realtor arrested for lover's murder
- Mangalore: MLA J R Lobo Visits Dock to Take Stock of Pending Development Work
- Mangalore: Physiotherapy Outgoing Graduates and Post Graduates get Rousing Farewell
- Mangalore: Madhusudan D Kushe (78) of PVS Group No More
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat - Album
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat
- Kuwait: Billava Sangha Bids Farewell to Honorary Advisor A K Ravindra
- Ajman: Thumbay Group featured in 'Top 100 making an impact in the Arab World', by Forbes Magazine
- Mangalore: 'Rhythm' rocks Father Muller stadium
- Bangalore: Facebook Fallout - Lover in a Hurry to Marry Assaults Woman with Axe
- Puttur: MLA Shakuntala Shetty Cautions Officials against Taking Her for Granted
- Mangalore: Minister Rai Outlines Plans for Supply of Drinking Water, Preserving Nature
- Realty Buildcon Expo AD
- Udupi: A Dream Come True-Villagers Rejoice Over the Newly Constructed Bavalikudru Bridge
- Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo '13 to Cater Complete Real Estate Needs of a Customer
- Vatican City: Pope Francis did not intend to perform any exorcism: Vatican
- Mangalore: Talent Research Foundation Confers 'Talent Milad Awards-2013'
- Mangalore: Minister Ramanath Rai has a Recurring Bond with Khakhi!
- Mangalore: City Cops' Crackdown on Speeding Motorists and Clampdown on Illegal Parking
- Mumbai: Spot-fixing taint reaches Bollywood, Vindoo arrested
- Mangalore: 'Victory is not Mine, It's yours, I am Just a Face of Your Victory' - MLA J R Lobo - Album
- Udupi: Shetty Couple killed in Bus Accident at Kaup
- Mangalore: Former International Sprinter Anand Shetty Passes Away at Age 52
- Mangalore: 'Victory is not Mine, It's yours, I am Just a Face of Your Victory' - MLA J R Lobo
- Udupi: Car and Truck collision, Three Dead on Spot Near Padubidri
- 5.45 circuit house ramantha rai
- 5.25 congress ramanath rai
- Mangalore: Bishop Dr Aloysius D'Souza Felicitates MLA J R Lobo
- Bangalore: D V Sadananda Gowda Quits BJP National Vice President's Post