Mangalore : CPI(M) Flags Off Three Day Jatha
By Violet Pereira, Team Mangalorean
Mangalore: CPI(M) inaugurated the 3- day Jatha at the Central Market here on August 6.
The Jatha was inaugurated by the President of CPI(M) Vasanth Achar by handing over the flag of CPI(M) to the Secretary, Sunil Kumar Bajal. Addressing the gathering Sunil Kumar Bajal said that, in the 4 years of BJP rule, in the name of concretization of roads, crores of Rupees have been grabbed by the corporators and the politicians. During the elections, BJP promised many things if they came to power. The people of Karnataka trusted the party and elected the BJP to power. As soon as they came into power they forgot all the promises made to the citizens and started to loot the state.
The Jatha will go to all the 60 wards of the district and discuss with the people about the problems they face and other issues. We will hold a huge protest rally on August 27, said Sunil Kumar. Regarding the problem of drinking water, the city corporation has given the billing authority to a private company. Even in the name of beautification, the City roads have been concretized but there is no proper footpath, no proper drainage. In the name of building new hospital, the old Lady Goschen building has been demolished but till today the work has not started, near the childrens' ward of Lady Goschen, a board "Do not litter Garbage here", has been erected by the MCC ,but still the garbage is being dumped in front of that sign which creates health problems for the new born babies. Mangalore City Corporation is not bothered to take action against all these issues facing the daily life of the citizens.. The city is stinking because of the negligence of the BJP government. CPI(M) has pledged to end corruption of the BJP government and it will fight till the people of the district get justice, he said.
CPIM president Vasanth Achar speaking on the occasion, said that from past four years BJP government has changed three Chief Ministers. It has given only hopes to the people of Karnataka to get the vote bank. Four and half years ago, the BJP leaders were talking about the congress Government and its corruption and assured to give clean governance. The people of Karnataka trusted the BJP leaders and brought them to power. As soon as they came into power, they were involved in corruption. Now the Mangalore City Mayor is from Congress party and the Deputy Mayor from BJP, both the parties are playing with the sentiments of the people. Congress and BJP are the two faces borne on the same coin, both the parties are blaming one another at the party meetings or other programmes, but later they sit together in the City parks and discuss about how to share the funds looted from various projects.
BJP government has given a great gift to the people of the district in the form of Malaria, Dengue and Chikanguya, other than that there has been no other development in the district, he accused.
- Hyderabad: Fugitive Andhra murderer extradited to US
- Mangalore: State Forest Minister B Ramanath Rai visits Infant Jesus Shrine
- Chitradurga: Youngster from Sullia Taluk among Four Killed in Ghastly Road Mishap
- Udupi: Two boys drown in Karvalu river at Alevoor
- Mangalore: Nine-year-old Boy Electrocuted at Marnemikatta
- Mangalore: Action Will be Taken Against ACP Jagannath if Found Guilty - Kharbikar
- Udupi: Kaup will be made Town Panchayat - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Ajman: GMU hosts GMU MASE 2013 – Biggest Medical and Science Exhibition for Students
- Udupi: Mangalore Police Arrest JD(S) Leader and Film Producer Dhanraj in Fraud Case
- Mangalore: Minister U T Khader inaugurates 'Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo-2013'
- Udupi: Minister Sorake inaugurates MLA Pramodh Madhwaraj's New Office
- Mangalore: Health and family welfare minister U T Khader Receives Grievances from Public
- Saudi Arabia: 'Nitaqat' law - 75,000 Indians set to return, numbers could go up
- Mangalore: Janardhan Poojary Inaugurates MLA J R Lobo's Office at Kadri
- Puttur: Poaching of Rare Turtles in Netravati - MLA Takes up Matter with Police Chief
- Rockford (USA): Terry D'Souza Receives Presidential Medal
- Navi Mumbai: Actress charged with attempted kidnap of girl goes absconding
- Mangalore: BJP Trained Policemen to Harass Women during 5 years Tenure- Sara Abubaker
- Dubai: Saudi company to hire 5,000 Nitaqat-hit Indians
- Mangalore: 'One-Year Working in Rural Areas Mandatory for Medical Students'-U T Khader
- Udupi: State Government should Stay Away from Temples and Maths- Janardhan Poojary
- Washington: History maker 'Sri' Srinivasan's feat hailed widely
- Mangalore: Let the Present Government be Pro People - Former CM Sadananda Gowda
- Mumbai: Wife Commits Suicide While Husband Watches on Webcam
- Bangalore: Hoax Bomb Alert at IIMB Causes Scare and Evacuation
- Bangalore: Prof Ravivarma Kumar New Advocate General of State
- Udupi: Pejawar Swamiji Inaugurates Mukha Mantapa of Kaniyoor Math
- Mangalore: ASI Srikala Complains to Women's Commission - DCP to Hold Probe
- Phaneesh Murthy asked 'pregnant' employee to seek abortion, leave iGate: law firm
- UAE: Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- MP Nalin Kumar Kateel Condemns Government Decision to Control Maths and Temples
- Bangalore: Ministers in-charge - Rai for DK, Sorake for Udupi, Abhaya for C'magalur, Khader for Kodagu
- New Delhi: 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Michigan: ICA celebrates the Amazing Women
- Udupi: Time-table of Mumbai Trains - Courtesy Railway Yatri Sangha (R)
- Kuwait: FOCC organizes DNV CRYcket 2013
- Mangalore: 'Bindaas Khavo' ? - Not Anymore! Vegetables Prices So Steep, You'll Freak!
- Bangalore: Realtor arrested for lover's murder
- Mangalore: MLA J R Lobo Visits Dock to Take Stock of Pending Development Work
- Mangalore: Physiotherapy Outgoing Graduates and Post Graduates get Rousing Farewell
- Mangalore: Madhusudan D Kushe (78) of PVS Group No More
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat - Album
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat
- Kuwait: Billava Sangha Bids Farewell to Honorary Advisor A K Ravindra
- Ajman: Thumbay Group featured in 'Top 100 making an impact in the Arab World', by Forbes Magazine
- Mangalore: 'Rhythm' rocks Father Muller stadium
- Bangalore: Facebook Fallout - Lover in a Hurry to Marry Assaults Woman with Axe
- Puttur: MLA Shakuntala Shetty Cautions Officials against Taking Her for Granted
- Mangalore: Minister Rai Outlines Plans for Supply of Drinking Water, Preserving Nature
- Realty Buildcon Expo AD