New Member: Morvine Quadras, Kuwait | Join Now! |
Mangalore: Missing Man Found - Reunited With Family
By Violet Pereira, Team Mangalorean
Mangalore: This is a story of a young man who was depressed, decided to run away from home, found shelter at a Charitable Home, cured and came out of his severe depressions, and finally was re-united with his family.
Devadas Santosh Patil aged 28 years, is the son of Santhosh Dayaram Patil and Hira Bai, from Vyara District, Gujarath. Twelve years ago when Devadas was studying in SSLC, went in to depression when he found that he had failed in all the subjects. His depressions were so severe, that his parents took him to Mumbai for treatment. Devadas started responding to the treatment and was recovering well. While on stress treatment, Devadas feeling that he was recuperating from depression, he was reluctant to be on medication anymore. He started to raise voices at his family members saying "I am normal, why should I take tablets". He refused to listen to his parents.
On December 30, 2010 Devadas absconded from home without leaving any clue to his home people where he had gone. His parents approached the police and lodged a complaint in the police station in Gujarath, even TV Channels in Gujarat telecasted his photo as missing person, but it was all in vain. Devadas couldn't be traced by the police nor the TV crew.
What a coincidence, while the founder and Managing Trustee of Snehalaya Charitable Trust, Talapady, Joseph Crasta was in Sullia to attend family function, he found Devadas there on February 1, 2011. Joseph Crasta, named as a "good Samaritan of Mangalore" has is own mission of taking care of the destitutes, poor, homeless, mentally retarted, alcoholics, and also those who are ailing from severe diseases. Crasta takes care of all these less fortunate people, by giving them a chance to lead a better life through his selfless love and care.
Crasta brought Devadas to Snehalaya, Talapady, treated him with good hospitality, dressed him nice, and later took Devadas to Yenepoya Hospital, Derlakatte for some medical care. Devadas had to be hospitalized for 15 days as per doctors advise. After being discharged from the hospital Joseph took him back to Snehalaya. Devadas started recovering and also started helping in the daily chores of the' Snehalaya 'house. After recovering from depression he was very co-operative with everyone. As time passed by Devadas healed completely. In December, when Devadas finally gave his address in Gujarath a letter was sent from Shenalaya to his parents to take their son back home. But no luck, since there was no reply from Devadas's home folks.
Last month, Snehalaya staff sent one more letter to Devadas's home, but again there was no response. On August 2, 2012, Snehalaya received a call from Devadas home. Next day, August 3, Devadas's brother Suhas , along with Devdas's brother- in -law came down to Snehalaya, and escorted him back home to Gujarath. At the beginning, he was unhappy seeing his two family members who had come to take him back to his native place, Devadas refused to go back to Gujarath saying, "I like to stay here at Snehalaya, I don't want to go back to my native place". After he was convinced by the Snehalaya caretakers he agreed to go back to Gujarath, assuring to come back again to Snehalaya and serve them. Seems like a happy ending to a great personal life story.
- Udupi: Urban Development Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake gets rousing welcome in Kaup
- Mangalore: Sadananda Shetty Inaugurates State Level Inter-District Football Tournament
- Udupi: 24 Couples Tie Knot During Mass Marriage at Ambalpadi
- Mangalore: Garbage Collectors Or Garbage Sorters? Does MCC Care About Safety of Labourers
- Mangalore: Man From Bagalkot Found Hanging From a Tree Near Kadri Jogi Math
- Mysore: Yeddyurappa Briefly Goes 'out of Reach' - Gives Jitters to Security Team
- Mangalore: Distressed over Hospitalized Father's Illness, Doting Daughter Ends Life at Home
- Mangalore: Straying Indian Sambar Gets Stranded in Well - Shifted to Pilikula Park
- Udupi: Boat overturns at Malpe - Two year old child Missing
- Mangalore: JCI-Dinky hold 20th Annual Ice-Cream Eating Competitions
- Bangalore: Karnataka CM allots portfolios, retains key departments
- Ajman: GMC Hospital Hosts Grand Doctors Meet 2013 - Felicitates Achievers
- Mangalore: Red Cross Opens Blood Bank in Lady Goschen
- Kundapur: Installation Ceremony of Pragati Bandhu SHG Kota Office Bearers
- Mangalore: MLA-elect J R Lobo Discusses Development Plans of DK with Veerappa Moily
- Pros and Cons of 'Energy Drinks'- But Should They Be Banned?
- Bangalore: CM leaves out tainted men, 28 ministers sworn in; portfolios likely today
- Mangalore: Clean Verdict Against Communal Forces by People of Dakshina Kannada - U T Khader
- Mangalore: Man from UP, Once Deranged, Now Fully Cured, Wants to Know Way to His Home
- Moodbidri: Party Workers Celebrate Abhaya's Getting a Berth in State Cabinet
- Udupi: Thousands of audience witness Darpan 2013 on Shores of Malpe
- Puttur: Ashram's Woman Employee Alleges Assault by Secretary, Gets Hospitalized
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted (Comment)
- Mangalore: Beary Sahitya Academy confers Honorary Awards 2013-14
- Udupi: Theft in Ermal Thenka Sandhu Danthi Brahmabaidrkala Garodi
- Mangalore: Puttur Girl Wins Gold at I-SWEEP Olympiad, USA
- Mangalore: DK District will witness development in Coming Days - Vinay Raj
- Mangalore: Rotary Vandana Award conferred on Kasaragod Chinna and MTC for the Blind
- Mangalore: Paul Moras, Govindaraya Shenoy and Bhavani Shanker chosen for Konkani Academy Awards
- Udupi: Sorake Sworn in as Minister - Congress Workers Hold Vijayotsava at Kaup
- Bangalore: Siddaramaiah expands ministry, leaves out 'mining-tainted' aspirants
- Mangalore: Woman Slips out of Hospital Defaulting on Cosmetic Surgery Bill, Nabbed Later
- Sullia: Officials Stall Underage Girl's Marriage, Order Families to Wait for 4 Months!
- Asia's sex imbalance is going to have huge consequences (The Funny Side)
- Mangalore: Daylight Theft of Valuables Worth Rs 2.67 Lakh from Kadri House
- Indore: Pervert who put chastity lock on wife gets 10 years in jail
- New Delhi: Girls outperform boys in ICSE Class X and XII exams
- Mangalore: Siddaramaiah in Hurry to Gain Publicity, Hurry will lead to Accident - P S Nayak
- Mangalore: MLA-elect J R Lobo Visits Thumbe Vented Dam Project
- Mangalore: Bajrang Dal Demands New State Government to Ban Illegal Abattoirs
- Kolkata: Student of Class 3 dies after teacher allegedly hits his head against the wall
- Mangalore: TRF Awarding Achievers from All Faiths During ' Talent Milad Award 2013'
- Bangalore: 29 ministers to be sworn in tomorrow, tainted to be kept out
- Saudi Arabia: 'Together We Go Further' - SKY Holds Picnic 2013
- Mangalore: Are You Ready For Some Football?State Level Inter-District Football Tourney
- Manipal: Journalist U B Rajalakshmi Awarded D Lit Degree by Hampi Varsity
- Udupi: tender coconut water
- Manipal University signs MoU with The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA