New Member: JENNIFER NAZARETH, India
| Join Now! |
Mangalore: City Bar-n-Pub Business Going Downhill After ' Home Stay ' Attack
Mangalore: The bar and restaurant (B and R) business, and also at some favorite pubs in the coastal city of Mangalore has been drastically hit, following the recent attack by Hindu activists on young revellers at a birthday party. According to some owners of the B & R sector, they have witnessed a similar kind of business crisis after the attack on a pub on Balmatta Road by some activists in 2009.
The city does not have any exclusive discotheques like Bangalore or Goa, where parties go on till wee hours, but there are few good B and R, which serve liquor, varieties of cuisines and play vivid western music. Youths hang out in these places to sway for music played in these joints.
According to the owner of a B and R chain, that ever since July 28th incident, 40% of the business had come down as people were scared to visit B and R. Business had declined after the attack on a pub in 2009 and it took one year for business to get back to being normal. But this time business is likely to pick up within a few months as people have condemned the unpleasant act strongly, he added."Is it a man's world? Don't women have any right to involve in social occasions?" has commented this owner.
According to Joseph, a employee at a trendy pub and music joint in Valencia, " Business has been OK, but could have been much better. There is a slight decline in the clients, but business is picking up slowly. What happened at 'Home Stay' is senseless, the incident has created some fear in the wine-n-dine folks who usually spend their social evenings by going out to.....!"
Yet another manager at a pub in the City, who doesn't want to reveal his name says, " Although ours is a pub, it doesn't mean that youth and adults just† come in here only to drink and get drunk, that's a wrong impression that the community has. We serve good cuisine, from Coastal, continental and Chinese, so youngsters come and dine here. Many of them don't even consume alcohol, they just order food and soft drinks. These days I am really missing some of our regulars, decent and respected young crowd"
The owner of another popular pub and eatery joint, who did not want to disclose his name, has said business has drastically declined to 50-60%. People are scared, especially women, because the entire City, nation and beyond has seen victims taken in a police van while culprits are seen roaming freely after the incident. When will these goons learn how to behave? What are they accomplishing by their acts, anyhow? Mangaloreans should stand up and fight against all these attacks on innocent people.
- Mangalore: Chakrapani Nrithya Sangeetha Kala Kendra to Stage Tulu Dance 'Amar Bollilu'
- Bangalore: Am pregnant with Phaneesh's child: iGate victim
- UAE: Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- MP Nalin Kumar Kateel Condemns Government Decision to Control Maths and Temples
- Bangalore: Ministers in-charge - Rai for DK, Sorake for Udupi, Abhaya for C'magalur, Khader for Kodagu
- New Delhi: 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Michigan: ICA celebrates the Amazing Women
- Udupi: Time-table of Mumbai Trains - Courtesy Railway Yatri Sangha (R)
- Kuwait: FOCC organizes DNV CRYcket 2013
- Mangalore: 'Bindaas Khavo' ? - Not Anymore! Vegetables Prices So Steep, You'll Freak!
- Bangalore: Realtor arrested for lover's murder
- Mangalore: MLA J R Lobo Visits Dock to Take Stock of Pending Development Work
- Mangalore: Physiotherapy Outgoing Graduates and Post Graduates get Rousing Farewell
- Mangalore: Madhusudan D Kushe (78) of PVS Group No More
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat - Album
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat
- Kuwait: Billava Sangha Bids Farewell to Honorary Advisor A K Ravindra
- Ajman: Thumbay Group featured in 'Top 100 making an impact in the Arab World', by Forbes Magazine
- Mangalore: 'Rhythm' rocks Father Muller stadium
- Bangalore: Facebook Fallout - Lover in a Hurry to Marry Assaults Woman with Axe
- Puttur: MLA Shakuntala Shetty Cautions Officials against Taking Her for Granted
- Mangalore: Minister Rai Outlines Plans for Supply of Drinking Water, Preserving Nature
- Realty Buildcon Expo AD
- Udupi: A Dream Come True-Villagers Rejoice Over the Newly Constructed Bavalikudru Bridge
- Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo '13 to Cater Complete Real Estate Needs of a Customer
- Vatican City: Pope Francis did not intend to perform any exorcism: Vatican
- Mangalore: Talent Research Foundation Confers 'Talent Milad Awards-2013'
- Mangalore: Minister Ramanath Rai has a Recurring Bond with Khakhi!
- Mangalore: City Cops' Crackdown on Speeding Motorists and Clampdown on Illegal Parking
- Mumbai: Spot-fixing taint reaches Bollywood, Vindoo arrested
- Mangalore: 'Victory is not Mine, It's yours, I am Just a Face of Your Victory' - MLA J R Lobo - Album
- Udupi: Shetty Couple killed in Bus Accident at Kaup
- Mangalore: Former International Sprinter Anand Shetty Passes Away at Age 52
- Mangalore: 'Victory is not Mine, It's yours, I am Just a Face of Your Victory' - MLA J R Lobo
- Udupi: Car and Truck collision, Three Dead on Spot Near Padubidri
- 5.45 circuit house ramantha rai
- 5.25 congress ramanath rai
- Mangalore: Bishop Dr Aloysius D'Souza Felicitates MLA J R Lobo
- Bangalore: D V Sadananda Gowda Quits BJP National Vice President's Post
- Mangalore: Congress is my religion, I have dedicated my life to Congress' - Ramanath Rai
- Puttur: Pillion-rider Dies on Spot after Tipper Knocks down Bike - Rider Critical
- Mangalore: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 70,000 to Snatcher while on Late-evening Walk
- 7.47 Iíll strive hard - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Udupi: ĎIíll strive hard for the welfare of the people of the districtí - Minister Vinay K Sorake
- Mangalore: B S Nagappa (81), Father of ZP CEO Vijayaprakash, Passes away
- Dubai: Indian university lecturer arrested in UAE
- Washington: Indian girl invents device that can charge phone in 20 seconds
- Dubai: Saudis not accepting newly-designed Indian passport
- Udupi: Urban Development Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake gets rousing welcome in Kaup