Udupi: ‘Vishwasada Mane’ Giving New Hope Of Life to Depressed and Destitute
Report by Michael Rodrigues
Team Mangalorean Udupi
Udupi: 'Vishwasada Mane' (Trusted House) is a home which looks after the mentally retarded people, who leave their homes and wander on the streets. Such people are brought to this house and treated mostly for their illness.
This a story of four youth who were depressed in life and left their homes without knowing where they will land. To start with, Palani Swamy aged 29 years from Amchigar, Changal Pattana from Tamil Nadu, who was found on the Highway four years ago by Vishwasada Mane representatives and was brought to the house. He has been treated for his illness through the House and has recovered fully. He is eager to meet his parents who are working in a match box production company in Tamilnadu.
Prabhakar Reddy who hails from Kolar who was depressed in life, left his house two years ago without informing his family members. He was spotted by the representatives of the Mane in Permude and was taken to the house. He has also recovered fully and is now waiting to reunite with his wife Sharadamma and his two year old son Bhaskar. Reddy's family members are residing in Kolar.
Chinna Ponnaras from Valathoor district in Andhra Pradesh, was found near Katapady Petrol pump in a state of depression. He too was brought to the house by the volunteers of the' Mane' and treated. His parents Balan and Murgamma are into agriculture, Chinna will be joining his parents soon.
Lal Raj (32 yrs) from Ramanayak, Bangalore having studied up to PUC, went into depression and started roaming the streets. He was spotted near Udyavar NH by the staff of the ' Mane' house who took him under their care. He has recovered fully after treatment. He is also eagerly waiting to reunite with his family members. Raj is the youngest son of retired police constable in Anekal police station, Hanumanaik, and his wife Gopi Bai. Lal Raj has 7 brothers, 2 sisters.
So far more than hundred people have been rehabilitated and sent to their respective homes, said the president of the Vishwasada Mane, Pastor Sunil. The ‘Vishwasada Mane’ started in 2004, has the gained the love and affection from most of the people for their relentless service. All the people who have been brought to the house will be treated like their own family members. According to the records so far most of the depressed and destitute who were taken to the home were found in and around Mangalore are from Bihar, Orissa, Varanasi, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi and West Bengal.
This rehabilitation home never collects money from anyone. There is no any help from the government towards this house, other than Lions club and Rotary club who lend their helping hand by providing physicians to treat the inmates.
Vishwasada Mane has one more home for the aged and one for the disabled, and every month the expenses reaches to Rs 3 lakhs. Sunil said the government should focus on such work and try to sanction funds towards the house.
- Hyderabad: Fugitive Andhra murderer extradited to US
- Mangalore: State Forest Minister B Ramanath Rai visits Infant Jesus Shrine
- Chitradurga: Youngster from Sullia Taluk among Four Killed in Ghastly Road Mishap
- Udupi: Two boys drown in Karvalu river at Alevoor
- Mangalore: Nine-year-old Boy Electrocuted at Marnemikatta
- Mangalore: Action Will be Taken Against ACP Jagannath if Found Guilty - Kharbikar
- Udupi: Kaup will be made Town Panchayat - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Ajman: GMU hosts GMU MASE 2013 – Biggest Medical and Science Exhibition for Students
- Udupi: Mangalore Police Arrest JD(S) Leader and Film Producer Dhanraj in Fraud Case
- Mangalore: Minister U T Khader inaugurates 'Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo-2013'
- Udupi: Minister Sorake inaugurates MLA Pramodh Madhwaraj's New Office
- Mangalore: Health and family welfare minister U T Khader Receives Grievances from Public
- Saudi Arabia: 'Nitaqat' law - 75,000 Indians set to return, numbers could go up
- Mangalore: Janardhan Poojary Inaugurates MLA J R Lobo's Office at Kadri
- Puttur: Poaching of Rare Turtles in Netravati - MLA Takes up Matter with Police Chief
- Rockford (USA): Terry D'Souza Receives Presidential Medal
- Navi Mumbai: Actress charged with attempted kidnap of girl goes absconding
- Mangalore: BJP Trained Policemen to Harass Women during 5 years Tenure- Sara Abubaker
- Dubai: Saudi company to hire 5,000 Nitaqat-hit Indians
- Mangalore: 'One-Year Working in Rural Areas Mandatory for Medical Students'-U T Khader
- Udupi: State Government should Stay Away from Temples and Maths- Janardhan Poojary
- Washington: History maker 'Sri' Srinivasan's feat hailed widely
- Mangalore: Let the Present Government be Pro People - Former CM Sadananda Gowda
- Mumbai: Wife Commits Suicide While Husband Watches on Webcam
- Bangalore: Hoax Bomb Alert at IIMB Causes Scare and Evacuation
- Bangalore: Prof Ravivarma Kumar New Advocate General of State
- Udupi: Pejawar Swamiji Inaugurates Mukha Mantapa of Kaniyoor Math
- Mangalore: ASI Srikala Complains to Women's Commission - DCP to Hold Probe
- Phaneesh Murthy asked 'pregnant' employee to seek abortion, leave iGate: law firm
- UAE: Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- MP Nalin Kumar Kateel Condemns Government Decision to Control Maths and Temples
- Bangalore: Ministers in-charge - Rai for DK, Sorake for Udupi, Abhaya for C'magalur, Khader for Kodagu
- New Delhi: 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Michigan: ICA celebrates the Amazing Women
- Udupi: Time-table of Mumbai Trains - Courtesy Railway Yatri Sangha (R)
- Kuwait: FOCC organizes DNV CRYcket 2013
- Mangalore: 'Bindaas Khavo' ? - Not Anymore! Vegetables Prices So Steep, You'll Freak!
- Bangalore: Realtor arrested for lover's murder
- Mangalore: MLA J R Lobo Visits Dock to Take Stock of Pending Development Work
- Mangalore: Physiotherapy Outgoing Graduates and Post Graduates get Rousing Farewell
- Mangalore: Madhusudan D Kushe (78) of PVS Group No More
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat - Album
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat
- Kuwait: Billava Sangha Bids Farewell to Honorary Advisor A K Ravindra
- Ajman: Thumbay Group featured in 'Top 100 making an impact in the Arab World', by Forbes Magazine
- Mangalore: 'Rhythm' rocks Father Muller stadium
- Bangalore: Facebook Fallout - Lover in a Hurry to Marry Assaults Woman with Axe
- Puttur: MLA Shakuntala Shetty Cautions Officials against Taking Her for Granted
- Mangalore: Minister Rai Outlines Plans for Supply of Drinking Water, Preserving Nature
- Realty Buildcon Expo AD