Udupi: Youth Need To Create Awareness Against Corruption - MG Ghafoor
Report by Michael Rodrigues
Team Mangalorean Udupi
Udupi: A convention of the Youth Congress Udupi Constituency was organized here at Hariprasad Sabha Bhavan on Wednesday August 15. KPCC secretary M G Gafhoor inaugurated the convention by lighting the lamp. In his inaugural speech said, "It looks like efforts are being made to divide the nation, while we view all the untoward incidents, taking place in the country, which is demoralising the citizens of the nation". The youth Congress needs to understand democracy in the nation and create awareness against corruption, he said.
The installation of office bearers for the current year was held. Udupi-Lok Sabha Constituency Youth Congress Committee President Nikhil Umesh Gowda administered the oath to the new Office bearers. Vishwanath Shenoy Malpe, Sridhar Kotian and Ramesh Indra who had rendered productive social work were honoured on the occasion.
Brahmavar Block Congress Committee President Birthi Rajesh Shetty presided over the function. District Congress Sevadala President Ashok Kumar Kodavoor; District INTUC Committee President Murali A Shetty; District Backward Class Committee President Keshava M Kotiyan; Youth Congress Committee new President Yathish Karkera; District Congress SC/ST unit President S. Narayan; KPCC member Bhujanga Shetty, Dinesh Putran, Jayashree Krishna Raj, District Congress Committee General Secretary B Narasimha Moorthy, Janardhan Thonse, Kishan Hegde Kolkebail, Zilla Congress Spokes person K Krishnamurthy Acharya, Udupi Chikmagalore Lok Sabha Youth Congress Vice President Amruth Shenoy, Navin Shetty Padubidri, Habib Ali, Mithun Amin were present on the occasion.
- Roofs for refugees – Kuwait-based student wins Clinton award
- Thiruvananthapuram: Middle East businessmen caught in Kerala CPI-M feud?
- Raipur: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Cong chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Mangalore: Unfazed by Rain, Minister Khader Makes a Wet Speech!
- Bangalore: Yeddyurappa Hints at Tie-up with Other Parties ahead of LS Polls
- Chitradurga: Accident Update - Three Victims from DK District
- Jeddah: Nitaqat law: Procedures implemented in Indian workers' interest - Al-Faisal
- Mangalore: 'Aadhar' or 'Niraadhar'? - No End in Sight for Applicants' Plight!
- Hyderabad: Fugitive Andhra murderer extradited to US
- Mangalore: State Forest Minister B Ramanath Rai visits Infant Jesus Shrine
- Chitradurga: Youngster from Sullia Taluk among Four Killed in Ghastly Road Mishap
- Udupi: Two boys drown in Karvalu river at Alevoor
- Mangalore: Nine-year-old Boy Electrocuted at Marnemikatta
- Mangalore: Action Will be Taken Against ACP Jagannath if Found Guilty - Kharbikar
- Udupi: Kaup will be made Town Panchayat - Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake
- Ajman: GMU hosts GMU MASE 2013 – Biggest Medical and Science Exhibition for Students
- Udupi: Mangalore Police Arrest JD(S) Leader and Film Producer Dhanraj in Fraud Case
- Mangalore: Minister U T Khader inaugurates 'Mangalore Realty Buildcon Expo-2013'
- Udupi: Minister Sorake inaugurates MLA Pramodh Madhwaraj's New Office
- Mangalore: Health and family welfare minister U T Khader Receives Grievances from Public
- Saudi Arabia: 'Nitaqat' law - 75,000 Indians set to return, numbers could go up
- Mangalore: Janardhan Poojary Inaugurates MLA J R Lobo's Office at Kadri
- Puttur: Poaching of Rare Turtles in Netravati - MLA Takes up Matter with Police Chief
- Rockford (USA): Terry D'Souza Receives Presidential Medal
- Navi Mumbai: Actress charged with attempted kidnap of girl goes absconding
- Mangalore: BJP Trained Policemen to Harass Women during 5 years Tenure- Sara Abubaker
- Dubai: Saudi company to hire 5,000 Nitaqat-hit Indians
- Mangalore: 'One-Year Working in Rural Areas Mandatory for Medical Students'-U T Khader
- Udupi: State Government should Stay Away from Temples and Maths- Janardhan Poojary
- Washington: History maker 'Sri' Srinivasan's feat hailed widely
- Mangalore: Let the Present Government be Pro People - Former CM Sadananda Gowda
- Mumbai: Wife Commits Suicide While Husband Watches on Webcam
- Bangalore: Hoax Bomb Alert at IIMB Causes Scare and Evacuation
- Bangalore: Prof Ravivarma Kumar New Advocate General of State
- Udupi: Pejawar Swamiji Inaugurates Mukha Mantapa of Kaniyoor Math
- Mangalore: ASI Srikala Complains to Women's Commission - DCP to Hold Probe
- Phaneesh Murthy asked 'pregnant' employee to seek abortion, leave iGate: law firm
- UAE: Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- MP Nalin Kumar Kateel Condemns Government Decision to Control Maths and Temples
- Bangalore: Ministers in-charge - Rai for DK, Sorake for Udupi, Abhaya for C'magalur, Khader for Kodagu
- New Delhi: 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Michigan: ICA celebrates the Amazing Women
- Udupi: Time-table of Mumbai Trains - Courtesy Railway Yatri Sangha (R)
- Kuwait: FOCC organizes DNV CRYcket 2013
- Mangalore: 'Bindaas Khavo' ? - Not Anymore! Vegetables Prices So Steep, You'll Freak!
- Bangalore: Realtor arrested for lover's murder
- Mangalore: MLA J R Lobo Visits Dock to Take Stock of Pending Development Work
- Mangalore: Physiotherapy Outgoing Graduates and Post Graduates get Rousing Farewell
- Mangalore: Madhusudan D Kushe (78) of PVS Group No More
- Oman: 'Raag Anuraag' Regales Music Lovers in Muscat - Album