Subrahmanya: Then man-elephant conflict just refuses to be out of limelight. Wild elephants have been moving around the temple town during the past few years.
Besides destroying agricultural and farm produce every now and then, they have shown up on rural interior roads many times. The pachyderms are been freely moving around in Harihara-Pallatadka and Kollamogaru villages.
Apart from loss to property, residents, school-childrenn in particular, are scared to attend classes because of the sudden appearance of these animals at different places at different times.
On Tuesday night, they uprooted out a tree by the side of an arterial linking road between Harihara and Pallatadks causing a total blockage. Since the tree also fell across an overhead power-line, cutting off electrical supply.
An ambulance which was carrying a sick person was held up. Those in the vehicles on either side had to wait until dawn. As the sun rose, many of them took courage and came out. Collecting whatever implements they could from the neibours, they began cutting the tree’s branches to clear the road.
Soon the forest personnel also arrived and shifted the logs to enable traffic to run smoothly.
- Subrahmanya: ‘Jumbo’ Menace Continues to Unsettle Farmers around Temple Town
- Sullia: Sole Wild Elephant Marches into Human Habitat Again, Spreads Scare around
- Sullia: Wild Elephants Explore New Territory, Play Havoc at Former ZP Member’s Farm
- Sullia: Jumbos Simply Love Town Life, Refuse to Return to Natural Habitat
- Sullia: Jumbos March into Town Periphery Yet Again – Vital Link Road Closed for Public Safety
- Sullia: Sole Jumbo Appears Close to Panja Town – Possibly Same Old Trouble-maker
- Sullia: Unfazed by Drum-beats and Crackers, Wild Elephants Stay Put near Homes
- Subrahmanya: Father and Two Children Survive Close Encounter with Solitary Wild Elephant
- Sullia: Jumbos Show up in Adpangaya and Haspare Areas in Ajjavara Village
- Sullia: Jumbos Back again in Their Favourite Haunt at Mandekolu Creating Fear
- Beltangady: Sole Wild Elephant Marches into Human Habitat around Indabettu
- Puttur: Jumbo March on Shiradi Ghat Highway Brings Traffic to Standstill for Half an Hour
- Sullia: It’s Action Replay ! Jumbos Return to Cause Damage to Agricultural Growth outside Town
- Sullia: Citizens Heave a Sigh of Relief as Straying Jumbos Beat a Retreat into Forest
- Sullia: Wild Jumbos March into Town Periphery, Camp near KVG Edu-campus
- Sullia: After a Break, Wild Elephants Go on Rampage Again
- Sullia: Wild Elephants Shift Focus from Mandekolu to Aletty, Play Havoc in Farms
- Madikeri: Rogue Elephant Attacks and Kills Woman in Tata Estate in Pollibetta
- Chikkamagaluru: Jumbo Menace Unhindered – 5 Injured in Herd Attack near Mudigere
- Subrahmanya: Kulkunda Farmer Suffers Losses as Wild Elephants Go on Rampage again
- Sullia: After a Break, Wild Elephants Go on Rampage again
- Subrahmanya: Wild Elephant
Marches on Main Road and near Bus-stand
- Madikeri: Wild Elephant
Destroys Compound Wall of Sacred Heart School at Shanivarasante
- Chikkamagaluru: Rogue Elephant Camps and Marches around Right inside Coffee Estate!
- Madikeri: Wild Elephant
Marches Close to Town, Creates Havoc at Wildlife Society Office!
- Subrahmanya: After a Short Gap, Wild Elephants Begin Marching into Farms again
- Puttur: Herd of Wild Elephants Appears on Highway Creating Scare and Insecurity
- Sullia: Agriculturist Dies in Wild Elephant Attack – Scare Spreads in Village
- Puttur: Trouble-maker Tusker Sent on ‘Punishment Transfer’ to Kanthapura Camp!
- Puttur: Tusker Violence – Laxmisha Flings and Kills Mahout Chandra
- Puttur: ‘Jumbo’ Scare in Town – Traffic Disrupted, Curious Mob Caned
- Subrahmanya: Rogue Elephant on Rampage – Farm Growth Damaged
- Beltangady: Rogue Elephant Creates Scare in Residential Areas around Mundaje
- Puttur: Bilinele Resident Critically Injured in Wild Elephant Attack
- Subrahmanya: Jumbo Scare – Wild Elephant’s Royal March on Highway!
- Puttur: Wild Elephants Create
Jumbo Scare among People Working in Farms
- Subrahmanya: Wild Elephants Go on a Rampage in Farms – Heavy Loss Reported
- Sullia: Wild Elephant Uproots and Rolls Giant Tree across Highway – Traffic Blocked
- Puttur: Rogue Elephant Has a ‘Field’ Day in Kombaru