Sullia: This education town, after a short break, again got on on alert as a herd of wild elephants camped very close to the town boundaries this week.
On three or four occasions, the herd has approached the town, curiously enough, from different directions. Npw. over the past four days, the jumbos have camped by the western bank of river Payaswini. They made an attempt to cross the river to enter Bhasmadka, a corner of the town.
On one of the earlier instances, they had camped very close to the education campus in Kurunji Bagh. This time too, the forest personnel, with the help of residents, are trying to keep them at bay by bursting crackers.
Extra caution is being taken because there are two calves in the herd. The elephants are extremely possessive and protective when there is any young one among them. They can turn extremely aggressive with the slightest provocation or perception of threat.
- Subrahmanya: ‘Jumbo’ Menace Continues to Unsettle Farmers around Temple Town
- Sullia: Sole Wild Elephant Marches into Human Habitat Again, Spreads Scare around
- Sullia: Wild Elephants Explore New Territory, Play Havoc at Former ZP Member’s Farm
- Sullia: Jumbos Simply Love Town Life, Refuse to Return to Natural Habitat
- Sullia: Jumbos March into Town Periphery Yet Again – Vital Link Road Closed for Public Safety
- Sullia: Sole Jumbo Appears Close to Panja Town – Possibly Same Old Trouble-maker
- Sullia: Unfazed by Drum-beats and Crackers, Wild Elephants Stay Put near Homes
- Subrahmanya: Father and Two Children Survive Close Encounter with Solitary Wild Elephant
- Sullia: Jumbos Show up in Adpangaya and Haspare Areas in Ajjavara Village
- Sullia: Jumbos Back again in Their Favourite Haunt at Mandekolu Creating Fear
- Beltangady: Sole Wild Elephant Marches into Human Habitat around Indabettu
- Puttur: Jumbo March on Shiradi Ghat Highway Brings Traffic to Standstill for Half an Hour
- Sullia: It’s Action Replay ! Jumbos Return to Cause Damage to Agricultural Growth outside Town
- Sullia: Citizens Heave a Sigh of Relief as Straying Jumbos Beat a Retreat into Forest
- Sullia: Wild Jumbos March into Town Periphery, Camp near KVG Edu-campus
- Sullia: After a Break, Wild Elephants Go on Rampage Again
- Sullia: Wild Elephants Shift Focus from Mandekolu to Aletty, Play Havoc in Farms
- Madikeri: Rogue Elephant Attacks and Kills Woman in Tata Estate in Pollibetta
- Chikkamagaluru: Jumbo Menace Unhindered – 5 Injured in Herd Attack near Mudigere
- Subrahmanya: Kulkunda Farmer Suffers Losses as Wild Elephants Go on Rampage again
- Sullia: After a Break, Wild Elephants Go on Rampage again
- Subrahmanya: Wild Elephant
Marches on Main Road and near Bus-stand
- Madikeri: Wild Elephant
Destroys Compound Wall of Sacred Heart School at Shanivarasante
- Chikkamagaluru: Rogue Elephant Camps and Marches around Right inside Coffee Estate!
- Madikeri: Wild Elephant
Marches Close to Town, Creates Havoc at Wildlife Society Office!
- Subrahmanya: After a Short Gap, Wild Elephants Begin Marching into Farms again
- Puttur: Herd of Wild Elephants Appears on Highway Creating Scare and Insecurity
- Sullia: Agriculturist Dies in Wild Elephant Attack – Scare Spreads in Village
- Puttur: Trouble-maker Tusker Sent on ‘Punishment Transfer’ to Kanthapura Camp!
- Puttur: Tusker Violence – Laxmisha Flings and Kills Mahout Chandra
- Puttur: ‘Jumbo’ Scare in Town – Traffic Disrupted, Curious Mob Caned
- Subrahmanya: Rogue Elephant on Rampage – Farm Growth Damaged
- Beltangady: Rogue Elephant Creates Scare in Residential Areas around Mundaje
- Puttur: Bilinele Resident Critically Injured in Wild Elephant Attack
- Subrahmanya: Jumbo Scare – Wild Elephant’s Royal March on Highway!
- Puttur: Wild Elephants Create
Jumbo Scare among People Working in Farms
- Subrahmanya: Wild Elephants Go on a Rampage in Farms – Heavy Loss Reported
- Sullia: Wild Elephant Uproots and Rolls Giant Tree across Highway – Traffic Blocked
- Puttur: Rogue Elephant Has a ‘Field’ Day in Kombaru