Sullia: Wild elephants that have landed from the Kerala boundary forests appear to have like the taste of the agricultural produce in Narkodu and Aletty near here.
Although the forest officials, with the assistance of villagers, had managed to drive them back to the forest, the herd returned through another route. The herd, consisting of seven elephants including two calves, has camped at Bainegundi on the upper terrain of Bellappare in Ajjavara village. They were also spotted in Enavara of Aletty village earlier this week.
Often, they keep trumpeting loudly and this disturbance has been sending chill down the spines of the residents. When there are young ones in a herd, the elephants, being possessive and protective, can turn violent at the slightest provocation.
Now the forest personnel are looking for ways and means of stopping their inroads into the residential areas. Poorly equipped, they have been resorting to the age-old methods like beating of drums and bursting of crackers. But the elephants do not seem to care for the worn-out methods.
- Sullia: Jumbos March into Town Periphery Yet Again – Vital Link Road Closed for Public Safety
- Sullia: Sole Jumbo Appears Close to Panja Town – Possibly Same Old Trouble-maker
- Sullia: Unfazed b
- Subrahmanya: Father and Two Children Survive Close Encounter with Solitary Wild Elephant
- Sullia: Jumbos Show up in Adpangaya and Haspare Areas in Ajjavara Village
- Sullia: Jumbos Back again in Their Favourite Haunt at Mandekolu Creating Fear
- Beltangady: Sole Wild Elephant Marches into Human Habitat around Indabettu
- Puttur: Jumbo March on Shiradi Ghat Highway Brings Traffic to Standstill for Half an Hour
- Sullia: It’s Action Replay ! Jumbos Return to Cause Damage to Agricultural Growth outside Town
- Sullia: Citizens Heave a Sigh of Relief as Straying Jumbos Beat a Retreat into Forest
- Sullia: Wild Jumbos March into Town Periphery, Camp near KVG Edu-campus
- Sullia: After a Break, Wild Elephants Go on Rampage Again
- Sullia: Wild Elephants Shift Focus from Mandekolu to Aletty, Play Havoc in Farms
- Madikeri: Rogue Elephant Attacks and Kills Woman in Tata Estate in Pollibetta
- Chikkamagaluru: Jumbo Menace Unhindered – 5 Injured in Herd Attack near Mudigere
- Subrahmanya: Kulkunda Farmer Suffers Losses as Wild Elephants Go on Rampage again
- Sullia: After a Break, Wild Elephants Go on Rampage again
- Subrahmanya: Wild Elephant
Marches on Main Road and near Bus-stand
- Madikeri: Wild Elephant
Destroys Compound Wall of Sacred Heart School at Shanivarasante
- Chikkamagaluru: Rogue Elephant Camps and Marches around Right inside Coffee Estate!
- Madikeri: Wild Elephant
Marches Close to Town, Creates Havoc at Wildlife Society Office!
- Subrahmanya: After a Short Gap, Wild Elephants Begin Marching into Farms again
- Puttur: Herd of Wild Elephants Appears on Highway Creating Scare and Insecurity
- Sullia: Agriculturist Dies in Wild Elephant Attack – Scare Spreads in Village
- Puttur: Trouble-maker Tusker Sent on ‘Punishment Transfer’ to Kanthapura Camp!
- Puttur: Tusker Violence – Laxmisha Flings and Kills Mahout Chandra
- Puttur: ‘Jumbo’ Scare in Town – Traffic Disrupted, Curious Mob Caned
- Subrahmanya: Rogue Elephant on Rampage – Farm Growth Damaged
- Beltangady: Rogue Elephant Creates Scare in Residential Areas around Mundaje
- Puttur: Bilinele Resident Critically Injured in Wild Elephant Attack
- Subrahmanya: Jumbo Scare – Wild Elephant’s Royal March on Highway!
- Puttur: Wild Elephants Create
Jumbo Scare among People Working in Farms
- Subrahmanya: Wild Elephants Go on a Rampage in Farms – Heavy Loss Reported
- Sullia: Wild Elephant Uproots and Rolls Giant Tree across Highway – Traffic Blocked
- Puttur: Rogue Elephant Has a ‘Field’ Day in Kombaru