Sullia: In the modern times, when honesty and integrity are gradually eroding, instances of persons returning the valuables to the owners happen to be so refreshing and reassuring.
Pushpavati, hailing from Mavinakatte, had arrived in town on Feb 15. While walking by the road, she found a heavy gold chain near Dwaraka restaurant in Balemakki locality.
She took it to G L Acharya jewellery shop to get the gold content verified. They confirmed that it was genuine gold and evaluated it at Rs 1,75,000.
She immediately took it to the police station for safe custody until the owner was found.
In the meantime, the owner of the ornament, Zarina S A, wife of Shafi K M of Adka near Hale Gate had informed all gold shops about the loss of her chain and requested them to inform her if they came across it.
The police, on hearing of the ownership, informed Zarina. She arrived at the station and provided the identity, which agreed with the chain found by Pushpavati.
Zarina was all praise for the honesty and integrity displayed by Pushpavati.
- Mangaluru: Auto Driver Displays Integrity by Ensuring Return of Valuables Left Behind
- Kundapur: A Salute to Integrity – Auto Driver Ensures Safe Return of Purse with Cash, Documents
- Puttur: Honest Employee of Uppinangady Temple Returns Gold Lost by Woman Pilgrim
- Mangaluru: Honest Auto Driver Returns 10-sovereign Gold and Cash Left behind by Passenger
- Bantwal: Thank Goodness for Honest Persons like Abdul Sattar Still Being Around!
- Bantwal: Exemplary Honesty! Autorickshaw Driver Ensures Safe Return of Rs 1.50 Lakh Lost by Owner
- Puttur: Honesty Prevails – Rickshaw Driver Ensures Return of Lost Wallet to Owner
- Beltangady: Gold Ornament Worth Rs 2.80 Lakh Found at Wedding Venue Returned to Owner
- Saudi Arabia: Man from Bantwal Ensures Safe Return of Lost Passport to Holder in Riyadh
- Puttur: Auto-driver Ensures Safe Return of 15 Sovereign Gold Left behind by Woman
- Mangalore: Auto-rickshaw Driver Returns Wallet Lost by Senior Japanese Woman
- Udupi: Honest Man who Found Suitcase with 25 Sovereign Gold Returns it to Owner
- Udupi: Suitcase with 25 Sovereign Gold Falls off Running Car – Finder will be Rewarded
- Udupi: Honest Security Guard Ensures Return of Rs 2-lakh Gold Necklace to Owner
- Mangalore: Valuables Found during Tour Returned to Owner by Driver from City
- Mangalore: Auto Driver Returns Bag Containing Valuable Idol to Owner
- Mangalore: Cab Driver Chandrahas Shettigar Does City Proud by Returning Lost Valuables
- Mangalore: Rickshaw Driver Returns Lost Bag Containing Valuables
- Udupi: Honest Rickshaw-driver Ensures Safe Return of Valuables to Owners
- Bantwal: Man of Integrity Finds Bundle of Money – Wants Owner to Claim
- Mangalore: A Matter of Rs 8 Lakh – Two Sides in Contrast…
- Udupi: Honesty Still Prevails – Woman Returns 6-sovereign Gold Chain to Owner
- Moodbidri: Ambulance Staff Displays Exemplary Honety and Integrity
- Moodbidri: Scrap-dealer Returns Money Found in Cardboard Bundle to Owner
- Saudi Arabia: Mangalorean Displays Exemplary Honesty by Returning Wallet to Owner
- Bantwal: Honesty Prevails – Youth Duo Returns Gold Ornament Found on Road
- Karwar: Man Returning Lost Money to Owner Honoured in Public
- Karkala: Thank Goodness for Honesty Still Found around!
- Bantwal: Girl’s Exemplary Honesty – 6-sovereign Gold Chain Back with Owner
- Mangalore: KSRTC Official’s Honesty Draws Appreciation
- Udupi-Padubidri: Young Man Displays Exemplary Honesty
- Mangalore: Brijesh’s Honesty – May it be an Example to Others…
- Qatar: Honest Mangalorean Cabbie Returns Cash to Owner