Sullia: The Kerala boundary’s peripherial villages like Mandekolu and Ajjavara in the taluk continue to be the favourite haunts of wild elephants.
A herd of pachyderms had entered Adpangaya and Haspare areas of Ajjavara village from the forests in Kerala last week. The forest personnel, assisted by villagers, are using all methods like bursting of fire-crackers and beating of drums. But the thick-skinned animals just refuse to go away.
Instead of returning to the forest, the herd camped near residential areas of Paddambail in the village early this week. Besides being worried about the possible damage to their crops, the residents now fear for their lives.
However, in the meantime, collective efforts to drive them away have continued.
- Subrahmanya: Father and Two Children Survive Close Encounter with Solitary Wild Elephant
- Sullia: Jumbos Show up in Adpangaya and Haspare Areas in Ajjavara Village
- Sullia: Jumbos Back again in Their Favourite Haunt at Mandekolu Creating Fear
- Beltangady: Sole Wild Elephant Marches into Human Habitat around Indabettu
- Puttur: Jumbo March on Shiradi Ghat Highway Brings Traffic to Standstill for Half an Hour
- Sullia: It’s Action Replay ! Jumbos Return to Cause Damage to Agricultural Growth outside Town
- Sullia: Citizens Heave a Sigh of Relief as Straying Jumbos Beat a Retreat into Forest
- Sullia: Wild Jumbos March into Town Periphery, Camp near KVG Edu-campus
- Sullia: After a Break, Wild Elephants Go on Rampage Again
- Sullia: Wild Elephants Shift Focus from Mandekolu to Aletty, Play Havoc in Farms
- Madikeri: Rogue Elephant Attacks and Kills Woman in Tata Estate in Pollibetta
- Chikkamagaluru: Jumbo Menace Unhindered – 5 Injured in Herd Attack near Mudigere
- Subrahmanya: Kulkunda Farmer Suffers Losses as Wild Elephants Go on Rampage again
- Sullia: After a Break, Wild Elephants Go on Rampage again
- Subrahmanya: Wild Elephant Marches on Main Road and near Bus-stand
- Madikeri: Wild Elephant
Destroys Compound Wall of Sacred Heart School at Shanivarasante
- Chikkamagaluru: Rogue Elephant Camps and Marches around Right inside Coffee Estate!
- Madikeri: Wild Elephant
Marches Close to Town, Creates Havoc at Wildlife Society Office!
- Subrahmanya: After a Short Gap, Wild Elephants Begin Marching into Farms again
- Puttur: Herd of Wild Elephants Appears on Highway Creating Scare and Insecurity
- Sullia: Agriculturist Dies in Wild Elephant Attack – Scare Spreads in Village
- Puttur: Trouble-maker Tusker Sent on ‘Punishment Transfer’ to Kanthapura Camp!
- Puttur: Tusker Violence – Laxmisha Flings and Kills Mahout Chandra
- Puttur: ‘Jumbo’ Scare in Town – Traffic Disrupted, Curious Mob Caned
- Subrahmanya: Rogue Elephant on Rampage – Farm Growth Damaged
- Beltangady: Rogue Elephant Creates Scare in Residential Areas around Mundaje
- Puttur: Bilinele Resident Critically Injured in Wild Elephant Attack
- Subrahmanya: Jumbo Scare – Wild Elephant’s Royal March on Highway!
- Puttur: Wild Elephants Create
Jumbo Scare among People Working in Farms
- Subrahmanya: Wild Elephants Go on a Rampage in Farms – Heavy Loss Reported
- Sullia: Wild Elephant Uproots and Rolls Giant Tree across Highway – Traffic Blocked
- Puttur: Rogue Elephant Has a ‘Field’ Day in Kombaru