Three die after consuming wild mushrooms in Mizoram

Aizawl, April 9 (IANS) Three people including a child, were killed and four fell sick after consuming wild mushrooms in Mizoram, official said here on Saturday.

“Three of a family died in Mamit district (in Western Mizoram) after eating wild mushrooms on Friday. Two children, a woman and a man also fell sick and admitted to Aizawl Civil Hospital,” an official from health department said.

The official said that the mushrooms were brought from the forest and might be poisonous or not cooked properly before eating.

The dead people included an eight-years-old boy, a ten-years-old boy and a 34-years-old man.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here