Three kids electrocuted in Uttar Pradesh

Lucknow, July 6 (IANS) Three children were electrocuted on Monday in Uttar Pradeh when they came in contact with a live wire that was lying unnoticed in an inundated agricultural land, police said.

The incident took place in the Kumaran locality of Bahjoi in Sambhal district.

Police said the children wandered into the agricultural field while playing in the rain. They were not aware that a high tension wire feeding the transformer in the area was lying in the water. They came in contact with the live wire and the three died immediately.

Those killed have been identified as Amar Pal, Vikas and Harish.

An official told IANS that although the locals in the neighbourhood called the power house personnel to shut down the electricity supply to the transformer, it was too late as the children had already died.

The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.

 

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here