Three killed after consuming toxic dog-meat in Cambodia

Phnom Penh, Dec 7 (IANS) At least three people were killed and 31 others hospitalised in Cambodia’s Kratie province after consuming toxic dog-meat, authorities said on Monday.

“An old man, his daughter-in-law and their neighbour died on Sunday morning, hours after they ate a dog-meat delicacy that had turned toxic,” a police official of Snuol district, where the incident took place, told Xinhua news agency.

He said 31 other villagers fell ill after they attended the funeral of the three victims and consumed the remaining contaminated dog meat delicacy.

“They did not know that the trio died after eating the contaminated dog meat, so they also ate the meat and subsequently fell ill hours later,” he said.

The victims had the symptoms of fatigue, dizziness and nausea, he said, adding that as of Monday evening, one of them was still in critical condition.

Samples of the toxic dog meat were sent to the provincial food safety bureau for further examination, he added.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here