Balaghat (Madhya Pradesh), Aug 9 (IANS) Three people, including a father and son duo, suffocated to death in a well in Madhya Pradesh’s Balaghat district, police said on Sunday.
“When Mahesh Chauhan entered the well to check on a problematic water pump, he fell unconscious presumably after inhaling a poisonous gas. His father immediately entered the well to save him but he also collapsed. An onlooker Ganpat Lohar also tried to save them but he also succumbed,” police official Rajesh Patel told IANS.
The incident occurred in Nagpur village of Balaghat district.
The body of Ganpat was taken out of the well on Saturday, while the bodies of the father-and-son duo could only be taken out on Sunday, the police official said.