New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) Turn to chilled rose water, sesame seeds, dried mint leaves, honey and cucumber juice to decode the secret of glowing skin, says beauty expert Shahnaz Husain.
Here are some easy tips for glowing skin for summer:
* Tone the skin daily with chilled rose water, using cotton wool pads. Wipe and stroke the skin with them. Then, pat briskly with the rosewater-soaked cotton wool pads.
* Exfoliating the skin twice a week works wonders, removing dead cells and brightening the skin. Mix ground almonds with yogurt and pinch of turmeric. Rub gently, with small circular movements, washing off with water.
* Take sesame seeds (til), dried mint (pudina) leaves and honey. Crush the sesame seeds coarsely and powder the dried mint leaves. Mix them with a little honey and apply on the skin. Leave on for five minutes. Rub gently and wash off with water. Sesame seeds actually have sun protective properties and also soothe sun-damaged skin.
* Cucumber juice (or pulp) and watermelon fruit can be mixed with two tablespoons powdered milk. You can put the ingredients in a blender, for a smooth paste. Apply on face and neck and rinse off with water after half an hour. Adds a glow and also removes tan.
* Take half a cup of water and bring it to a boil. Put green tea leaves in a ceramic bowl. Pour the hot water over it and keep for two minutes. Strain and cool the liquid in the refrigerator. Apply on face with cotton wool to tone the skin.