Treat your leather bags to spa at home
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) Save your leather bags against humidity and moisture in the rainy season by giving them a spa treatment at your home. Air them out, polish them regularly and store them in a proper place, say experts.
Here are few more tips by the experts from the house of leather accessories brand Da Milano:
* Dry them well: Do not put the bag away as soon as you come from outside. Keep them under the ceiling fan for a few hours to air them out.
* No Heat: Direct sunlight and extreme temperatures can all adversely affect your leather pieces. Never leave your bag to dry near a heater or in direct sunlight.
* Polish them: Never compromise with the quality of the leather polish as it not only protects it from moisture, but also restores the balance of natural oils, enhances the leather’s natural shine and extends the bag’s life.
* Store them right: Before storing the bag for next use, stuff them with newspaper to retain their shape and prevent them from folding or creasing. Never hang your bags since this can wear them out. Keep the bag in a cloth, cover it properly before putting it in the box. This way you will protect the bag from dust and moisture, especially in a humid environment.
* Let them breathe: The longer you leave your leather pieces untreated, the harder it will be to clean them. Take out your leather bag and air it.