MORE THAN JUST AN ORDINARY BREAD ? TROPICAL FLAVORED PINA COLADA ZUCCHINI BREAD
The much awaited recipe is finally here! Yes, it’s the best ever Zucchini Bread I have ever tasted and has been devovered and relished by my family and friends for more than two years. I remember baking this cake for my friend Andrea who lives in Mississauga, Cannada. I visited her in May 2010 and the very moment she tasted the bread, she sure asked for the recipe not once but time and again. So Andrea, even though I am 8 months late (apologies for that, but as they say “better late than never”) here comes the recipe, FINALLY!!! And for many of you who have asked me for this recipe before, here it goes?My best ever ? tropical flavored PINA COLADA ZUCCHINI BREAD.
Here’s what you need:
4 cups all purpose flour
1.5 tsp salt
3 cups sugar ( I used 2 and ? cup)
1tsp baking soda
2tsp baking powder
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
? – ? cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1.5 cups canola oil
1tsp coconut extract
1 tsp rum extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
Here’s how you bake it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease and flour the bottom of three 8? x 4? loaf pans and line it with wax paper. Grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, swift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix sugar – (dry ingredients).
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, oil, rum extract, coconut extract and vanilla extract – (wet ingredients).
- Stir wet ingredients to dry just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour the mixture equally into prepared pans.
- Bake it for 45min to one hour or until a knife or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Remove loaves from pan and cool completely.
- Zucchini bread is ready to be served.
Hope you all enjoy!
Author: Queenie Mendonca- USA