Two die in Bihar after drinking toddy

Bihar, July 15 (IANS) At least two people died and five were hospitalised on Wednesday after drinking poisonous toddy in a village in Bihar’s Saran district, police said.

The incident took place at Sikti village in Saran, about 100 km from Bihar capital.

“Two villagers died soon after drinking poisonous toddy and five fell ill and were admitted in a hospital for treatment,” a district police official said.

Some villagers told police that after consuming toddy, they complained of severe stomachache and uneasiness.

Police have arrested Jogendra Chaudhary, the toddy seller.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here