Ajman: Thumbay Group UAE conducted an Award Ceremony to acknowledge outstanding performers from its staff across twelve sectors, on Friday, 16 October 2015 at the Gulf Medical University campus. Thumbay Group Founder President Thumbay Moideen was the Chief Guest of the function. Akbar Moideen Thumbay, Director of the Healthcare Division of Thumbay Group delivered the welcome speech. Members of the administrative staff and Thumbay Group employees participated in the function.
Addressing the gathering, Thumbay Moideen said that Thumbay Group derived its strength from three factors: God’s Grace, the support and encouragement of the ruling family and various government departments, and a competent and loyal employee group. He thanked the employees for their efforts, and sought their continued endeavors in building Thumbay Group as an iconic international brand in the future.
Thumbay Moideen handed over the awards to eighty-four sector-wise winners in the following categories:
1. STAR (Special Thanks & Recognition) was awarded to recognize an outstanding performance, commitment and to appreciate for going above and beyond the call of duty.
2. Always Accountable was awarded to recognize anemployee for displaying immense understanding of various implicit and explicit expectations of Thumbay Group.
3. Rising Star was awarded for breakthrough results by a new joiner to appreciate a personnel for engaging energetically in a new role and putting in an exceptional effort in an assigned role.
4. Best Team Member was awarded toan individual who exhibited a high degree of professionalism, displayed an attitude of excellence while carrying out duties and complex tasks with minimal direction.
5. Service Award (for long tenure) – was to appreciate an employee for displaying loyalty and engagement towards Thumbay Group and aligned all actions to Thumbay Group core values.
Fifteen awards of appreciation were also given away to the Directors and Managers of various Departments/Units. Suraj Padmanabhan, Talent Acquisition Manager – HR Department of Thumbay Group delivered the vote of thanks. The event concluded with a grand buffet dinner.
Thumbay Group conducts the Award Ceremony annually, to acknowledge the services of its staff and to motivate them further. The Group’s workforce presently numbers over 3000, belonging to around 70 different nationalities. Another 3000+ is expected to be added to the workforce, once ongoing projects are completed.