Udupi: K Ravishankar, a resident of Bommarabettu near Hiriyadka, has complained to the police regarding fraudulent withdrawal of amounts from his bank account.
The account is held with the Dharmasthala branch of Vijaya Bank. The withdrawals have been made through ATM from abroad. His PIN is suspected to have been hacked by cloning.
Amounts of Rs 366-31, Rs 8,220-11, Rs 732-63 and Rs 16,191-13 have been drawn on June 26 and 27, according to his complaint.
As the withdrawals have been made from abroad, tracing the culprits could be difficult, said police sources.
- Mangaluru: Account-holder Loses Rs 18,000 in ATM Card Trickery
- Mangaluru: Malaysian Medical Student Loses Rs 1.18 Lakh in Debit Card Cloning Fraud
- Bantwal: Getting Wiser from Others’ Experience – Attempt to Hack ATM Card Account Dodged
- Bengaluru: Latest Victim of ATM Card Trickery is None Other Than State’s Police Chief Himself!
- Karkala: Man Tricked into Revealing ATM PIN – Amount Withdrawn from Account
- Mangalore: Scam Alert – Don’t Fall into ‘Phishing’ Net and Lose Hard-earned Money!
- Mangaluru: Man from Maroli Falls for ATM Card Change Trap, Loses Rs 25,000
- Mangalore: Suratakal Bank Customer Duped of Rs 37,325 by Hacking Debit Card in Spain!