Udupi: Chitpady Resident Mistakes Insecticide for Soft Drink, Dies after Consumption

Udupi: Honnayya Shetty (65), a resident of Chitpady here, paid with his life for a costly error of mistaking insecticide for soft drink and died of its effects in the hospital.

He had done it out of thirst and in a hurry on Dec 2. As he began vomitting all of a sudden, the people at home suspected that it was because of the toxic effects of the insecticide which was being used outside. He was taken to a hospital in Manipal.

He died in the early hours of Friday. A case has been registered in the town police station.

Fatal errors!

Mysuru: Woman Mistakes Rat Poison for Toothpaste, Brushes Teeth and Dies
Karkala: Man Mistakes Chemical for Water, Now Fights for Life in Hospital
Kundapur: Young Woman Dies after Consuming Insecticide Mistaking it for Medicine

Kundapur: Senior Man Dies after Brushing Teeth with Rat Poison instead of Paste
Puttur: 14-month-old Girl Child Dies after Unknowingly Licking Insecticide Bottle
Sullia: Two Kids Innocently Use Rat Poison as Toothpaste – One Dies, Other Critical
Bantwal: Girl of Four Unknowingly Consumes Rat Poison, Dies
Mangalore: Child Dies after Using Rat Poison to Brush Teeth
Puttur: Girl Dies of Intake of Poison Mistaking it for Medicine
Mangalore: Man Dies after Using Rat-killer for Toothpaste
Mangalore: Woman Uses Rat-killer by Oversight to Brush Teeth, Dies
Bijapur: Tea Leaves a Tragedy in its Wake

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here