Udupi: Four girl students have been hospitalised following food poisoning after having breakfast in the BCM hostel near Patla, Kodibettu here on August 11.
The hospitalised students are Mahalaxmi (11), Bhagya (13), Akshatha (15) and Pramila (13).
It is said that the hostel students had their morning breakfast. A little while later four of them developed diarrhea and vomiting. The hostel staff took them to the nearby Patla Primary Health Center and later shifted them to Ajjarkadu District Hospital where they received treatment and later discharged.