Udupi: KMDC to flag-off Skill Development Programme in October – Masood Foujdar

Udupi: The Karnataka Minority Development Corporation is striving hard to impart quality education to minority students and extend necessary financial help through scholarships, said SYM Masood Foujdar, Chairman of KMDC. He was speaking to the media persons at the Inspection Bungalow here, on September 10.

kmdc_press meet 10-09-2015 12-18-18 kmdc_press meet 10-09-2015 12-18-30 kmdc_press meet 10-09-2015 12-24-42

The corporation will be launching skill developmental programmes in October to promote employment. A total of 1000 students will be trained and placed. The students will be placed in insurance, retail, banking and other areas. A tie-up with Anjuman College, Bhatkal has been facilitated and talks are on with other colleges. The corporation aims at placing 70% students out of the 1000 and extending financial help to promote self employment for the remaining 30%.

The corporation has cleared the applications of 4500 minority students who had applied for engineering courses under the Common Entrance Test. 500 applications are under review and will be cleared soon. 140 minority students in Udupi have availed the facilities. A nominal installment will be fixed for repayment of the loan given to the students. The corporation aims at promoting quality education among minority students which will benefit the society at large, he added.

The state government has made a budget allocation of Rs 185 crores for the financial year 2015-16. For Udupi district, the corporation has released funds to 2,253 beneficiaries amounting to Rs 403.70 lakh for the financial year 2015-16 and a repayment of Rs 54,39,481 has been collected.

Abdul Rasheed, Habib Ali and District Manager of KMDC Sridhar Bhandary and others were present.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here