Udupi: One person was injured when a gas cylinder exploded in a godown at Chakratheertha near Indrali here, on Sunday, November 22.
The injured person has been identified as Vijesh (32,) brother of Prashanth Bhat of Manipal Gas Agency.
According to the police, the godown, that was being used for filling gas, was unauthorized and had around 50 cylinders at the time of explosion. On Sunday evening, a cylinder exploded triggering a fire. Vijish who was working in the godown was injured and rushed to the hospital.
The Fire service rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control. The godown was gutted and the exact reason for the explosion is yet to be ascertained. The godown was used for filling small gas cylinders for households, said the police.
A case has been registered in the Udupi Town Police Station.