US ‘missing’ tourist found after five years

Brisbane, June 30 (IANS) An American who went missing while holidaying in Australia’s Queensland state five years ago has been found alive, media report said on Tuesday.

In December 2010, Kenneth Rodman, then 55, was reported missing while visiting Australia on a tourist visa, ABC reported.

He was last seen by a friend near Port Douglas town, believed to be heading to the beach with his green kayak.

The kayak was later recovered from Wangetti Beach in January 2011.

On Saturday, officers investigating a matter in the Smithfield area stumbled across the now 60-year-old man, who confessed to police that he had been listed as a missing person.

He was featured regularly in police missing person’s articles since 2010.

“Police would like to thank members of the public who have contacted Crime Stoppers over the past five years with information and reported spotting him,” a statement issued by Queensland Police Service on late Monday said.

Police said that he was handed over to immigration officials and was expected to be deported to the US.

Leave a Reply