Valencia abort deal for Brazilian defender

Rio de Janeiro, June 30 (IANS) Valencia have aborted a move to sign Brazilian centre-back Rodrigo Caio, the Spanish club said.

Caio travelled to Valencia earlier this month to undergo a medical after his club Sao Paulo accepted a 12.5 million-euro offer for the 21-year-old, reported Xinhua news agency.

But he is expected to return to Brazil this week for reasons that were not explained by either club.

“(We) have decided not to proceed with the signing of the player Rodrigo Caio,” Valencia said on their official website on Monday.

“This decision has been taken after considering all relevant issues.”

Caio, capped by Brazil’s under-20, under-21 and under-23 teams, was linked with a move to Atletico Madrid last year before suffering a serious knee injury.

 

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here