Women Lose Gold Worth Rs 2.65 Lakh in 3 Separate Snatching Incidents
Mangaluru: Three chain-snatching incidents were reported in the city on Thursday and Friday.
In spite of frequent reports and caution in the media, some women continue to give scope to chain-snatching.
Women wearing expensive jewellery while going on morning walks or visits to grocery shops or those being alone at home or walking alone in lonely areas have been targets of many such incidents in the recent years.
In the first incident, a man entered the compound of Yashoda Holla around 2-30 pm on Thursday. She was watering the plants in front of the house. He enquired of her if there any person was available to pluck coconuts.
As she was about to answer his query, he reportedly snatched her 4-sovereign chain. It snapped in the process. He took away a piece worth Rs 45,000. A case has been registered in the Kadri police station.
On Friday around 6-30 am, Padmavati Bhat was on a morning walk from her flat on the main road in front of Vikas College. A man snatched her gold chain and coral-studded mangalsutra, of total value of Rs 1.50 lakh. A case has been registered in rural police station.
Gertrude D’Souza of Jeppu Seminary View was walking in front of Mathias compound on her way to attend a ‘roce’ ceremony of a relative around 10:15 am on Friday. A man suddenly appeared and pulled her chain, which broke into two.
As she bent down to pick the piece that fell down, the man, in the meantime, reportedly snatched other three chains from her neck, valued at Rs 70,000.
- Women Lose Chains to Snatchers in Mangaluru and Udupi
- Pedestrian Woman’s Chain Snatched by Bike-rider in Badagabettu
- Woman’s Chain Snatched in Bikarnakatte – Caution Thrown to Wind
- Woman’s Chain Snatched in Husband’s Presence in Bokkapatna
- Mangaluru: Never-ending ‘Chain’ of Instances – Yet Another Woman Loses Gold to Snatchers
- Mangaluru: Attempt to Snatch Woman’s Mangalsutra near Marjil School in Falnir Fails
- Mangaluru: Another Chain-snatching Incident in City, This Time at Kadri Kambla
- Mangaluru: More Snatching Incidents – Must Women Wear Gold Jewellery when Not Needed?
- Mangaluru: Senior Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched by Stranger near Kadri Toll Gate
- Kundapur: Attempt to Snatch Gold Chain Fails with Targeted Woman’s Scream
- Mangaluru: Gold Chain Worth Rs 45,000 from Child Snatched during Kudroli Temple Festival
- Puttur: School-teacher Pushed into Ditch, Gold Chain Snatched at Kanchana Bajattur
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching Spree Continues – When Will We Learn a Lesson?
- Mangaluru: Woman’s Chain Snatched While Walking on Ullal Railway Platform
- Mangaluru: Chain Snatched from Woman Waiting for Bus in the Heart of City
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching Incident Reported from Suburban Thokur
- Mangaluru: Same Old Story! Woman’s Rs 42,000-worth Gold Chain Snatched by Bike-riders
- Kundapur: Daylight Chain-snatching in Tallur and Bhatkal – Handiwork of Same Bikers?
- Mangaluru: Woman Loses 6-and-a-half Sovereign Chain to Snatcher on Vithoba Road
- Mangaluru: Asking for Drinking Water, Stranger Snatches Senior Woman’s Gold Chain
- Mangaluru: Pandeshwar Police Arrest Chain Snatcher Edwin Dinesh
- Bantwal: Bike-riders Snatch Chain from Woman, Only to Find it to be an Imitation Piece!
- Mangaluru: Shiva Bagh a Favourite Target for Chain-snatchers? Another Incident Proves So…
- Mangaluru: Chain of Gold-snatching Cases Continues – Another Instance in Shiva Bagh
- Mangaluru: Two More Chain-snatching Cases – When will Women Learn a Valuable Lesson?
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching Incidents Continue in City – Woman Loses Gold Worth Rs 4.80 Lakh
- Mangaluru: Two Incidents in City Confirm an Alarming Rise in Chain-snatching Activity
- Mangaluru: Bikers Wanted to Know the Way, but Snatched Woman’s Chain away!
- Moodbidri: Gold Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh Snatched from Woman on Way to Gantalkatte Church
- Mangaluru: Now it’s a Male’s Turn to be Target of Chain-snatching!
- Mangaluru: Woman’s Chain Snatched while Sweeping Yard in Souterpet
- Puttur: Two Incidents of Chain-snatching in a Day – Same Culprits Likely
- Kinnigoli: Woman Loses 32 Gms Piece of Chain to Snatchers near Pakshikere
- Mangalore: Homemaker’s Gold Chain Snatched on Pretext of Asking for Water
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus at Bhatrakodi Loses Chain Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Senior Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched from River Bank in Adyar
- Karkala: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 1 Lakh to Snatcher in Anekere
- Manipal: Chain Snatched from Woman at Anant Nagar while on Morning Walk
- Bantwal: Woman on Way to Loreto Church Loses 7 Sovereign Gold to Bike-riding Snatchers
- Sullia: Chain Snatched from Lonely Woman by Young Man Riding Bike at Adkar
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Continue to Rule – Pedestrian Woman of 84 Loses Gold
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus in Pandeshwar Loses Chain to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Chain of Gold-snatching Incidents Appears Never-ending!
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Strike again – Woman Loses Gold at Mathadakani
- Mangalore: Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched by Bikers in Vas Lane
- Moodbidri: Another Incident of Chain-snatching in Broad Daylight
- Udupi: Woman from Pernal Loses Rs 1.5 Lakh Gold Chains to Snatchers
- Kundapur: Bike-riding Duo Snatches Gold Chain from Woman
- Mangalore: Woman’s Chain Snatched while Walking in Suvarna Lane
- Mangalore: Chain-snatching Incident in Valencia – Value Rs 1.30 Lakh
- Mangalore: More Chain-snatching Incidents in City
- Mangalore: ‘Chain’ of Gold-snatching Cases at Secluded Places Continues
- Udupi: Gold Chains Worth Rs 1.4 Lakh Snatched from Woman
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher with Past Record Nabbed by Hebri Police
- Udupi: Man Involved in Kadabettu Chain-snatching Arrested at Shirva
- Udupi: Cash and Ornaments Snatched from Woman’s Vanity Bag
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher Caught by Public at Volakkad
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Caught on Spot by Public
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Duo Arrested during Vehicle Check