Yeddy questions ‘silence’ of Sonia, Rahul on DySPs’ ‘suicide’
Bengaluru: Karnataka BJP today questioned Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi’s “silence” over the alleged suicides of “honest” police officers in the state.
“I would like to ask Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi, why you are silent on the death of DySPs? why are you not visiting Karnataka?” BJP Karnataka unit president B S Yeddyurappa said.
“You go to other states on minor issues, but 1,450 farmers have committed suicide, now police officials are committing suicide. If you are still not ready to visit the state and question your Chief Minister (Siddaramaiah), it is clear that you have come to a conclusion that there is no future for you here,” he said addressing a BJP rally here.
Mangaluru DySP M K Ganapathy allegedly committed suicide at a lodge in Madikeri on July 7 and in a pre-death declaration blamed minister K J George and a senior official, which has triggered a huge political storm with the opposition demanding the resignation of the minister.
His death came two days after 35-year-old DySP of Chikkamagaluru, Kallappa Handibag, accused of kidnapping a person for ransom, was found hanging in his father-in-law’s home at Murgod in Belagavi district. His family had alleged harassment and conspiracy by senior officials.
Union Minister D V Sadananda Gowda, who also spoke at the rally, criticised Siddarmaiah for not attending ‘Inter-State Council’ meeting chaired by the Prime Minister yesterday.
“The Chief Minister probably did not attend the meeting under the fear that he might have to face an embarrassment, if prime minister questions him about the series of suicides in the state,” Gowda said.
BJP will continue its protest against the government on the suicide issue both inside and outside the legislature until the Minister named by the officer resigned, K S Eshwarappa, Leader of Opposition in the state Legislative Council told reporters in Shivamogga.
“Our protest will continue until George resigns. Until legislature session is on we will protest inside the House, after that we will continue our protest outside,” he said.
BJP and JD(S) have been stalling proceedings in the Assembly demanding a CBI probe and resignation of George among others.
With the government refusing to budge and announcing a judicial probe, opposition parties have begun a day-night protest in both Legislative Assembly and Council.
Prior to committing suicide, Ganapathy has given an interview to a local TV channel, saying the minister and A M Prasad (IG-Intelligence) and Pranab Mohanty (IGP- Lokayukta) would be responsible “if anything happens to me.”
- BJP Playing with Pavana’s Sentiments in Ganapathi Case – Gundu Rao
- DySP Ganapathy Suicide – Kodagu Crippled over Two Days
- Court Reserves Ruling over Narco Test on Naresh
- Naresh Shenoy’s Custody Extended up to July 28
- Naresh Shenoy to be in Police Custody for 2 More Days
- Baliga Murder Accused Suffering from Kidney Ailment?
- Naresh Shenoy in Custody – Police Seek Narco-analysis
- An open letter to the Director General CSIR
- Baliga Murder – Family Congratulates City Police Chief
- Baliga Murder Case – Naresh Shenoy Produced in Court
- Baliga Murder Case Prime accused Naresh Shenoy arrested
- Naresh Shenoy will be Arrested Soon – Sources
- Baliga Murder – Naresh, 6 Others Chargesheeted
- Another Accused Srikanth Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Manjunath Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Baliga Murder – Naresh Shenoy’s Close Associate in Police Custody
- Police Raid House of Vedavyas in Mannagudda in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder, DSO Holds Padayatra to Arrest Naresh Shenoy
- Anticipatory Bail for Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder Case Rejected
- Baliga Murder – Police to File Objection to Naresh Shenoy’s Bail
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbail