Yettinahole project a dead body kept in ICU – Somashekar
Mangaluru: The Sahyadri Samrakshana Sanchaya held a press meet at Hotel Woodlands here on June 11.
Addressing the mediapersons, State Convener of Paschima Ghatta Samrakshana Horata Samiti, K N Somashekar said, “I have come here to share the developments on Yettinahole project. I am against this project and am fighting to save the Western Ghats because Netravati is the heart of the Western Ghats and no one should give a death sentence to it. This project is an unimaginably huge scam.”
Taking a jibe at DVS and Moily, he said, “I thought that the two thieves would come to attend a programme in Mangaluru.” He further said that the organisation had been continuously fighting in the court from the past 3 years to stop the Yettinahole project. “From the past 5 years, we have been collecting all the information. In December 2015, an interim stay had been placed on the Yettinahole project but the Advocate general intervened and it was lifted on January 6, 2016 and the work continued.”
“We are fighting to save the Western Ghats and the Netravati river and not to save our own property. It is a suspicious matter that an expert member, Prof Nagendran, resigned from the post. The Justice had sent the file to Nagendran for his consent but without signing the file, how and why did Nagendran resign is a million dollar question.” He also said that DVS, Veerappa Moily and KNNL senior officials, say that they have got the approval from all the departments. “When they say that they have the approval from the Green Tribunal and the Forest department, it is a contempt of court. Did they get approval from the Forest department? No, they did not. They have got only a partial approval. Did they get the approval from the National Green Tribunal? No. Even though there were born in DK, Veerappa Moily and Sadananda Gowda are causing great harm to the people of the district.”
“This project is a huge scam and is being used to loot money. As many as 173 projects which were implemented have failed in the past amounting to a loss of Rs 2.5 lakh crore. No scientific study has been done for Yettinahole project. This is a pure money making project and nothing else! This is not limited to DK or Kolar, since they have failed in managing the water supply system. This will not be a successful project. There are many employees within KNNL (Karnataka Neeravari Nigam Limited) who are against this project and have been harassed by higher authorities leading to resignation by some employees,” he alleged.
The KNNL staff who have opposed this project were transferred or terminated from service. Their increment is being withheld, they are being harassed. They have requested not to reveal their names but have agreed to give all the information, informed Somashekar.
“The Yettinahole project is like a dead body that is kept in the ICU to increase the bill. Some contracting companies are run by IAS, IFS officers who are making money in crores from Yettinahole project.” He urged the people to join hands to stop the project. “We have to get down to the streets instead of sending messages on WhatsApp and Facebook. We have to make it a state news.” He also urged the media to highlight the issue statewide to get more support from the people of the state.
- NRSS protests with Black Flags against DVS and Moily
- DVS, Moily and Politicians Received Money in Crores – Hegde
- NRSS meets Pejawar Swamiji, seeks support against Yettinahole Project
- District Bandh sends clear Message to Yettinahole Supporters
- Will Arrange Meeting with CM on Yettinahole – DC
- Rai Should Resign and Pressurize CM to drop Yettinahole
- Yettinahole will Not Harm Water sources – Rai
- Yettinahole Issue, NRSS to Observe DK Bandh on May 19
- We will try to convince Poojary on Yettinahole – T B Jayachandra
- MLA’s and MP’s fear to address Yettinahole project – Poojary
- All Political Parties and Leaders Equally Responsible in Yettinahole Project – Rai
- Govt Trying to Make DK a Dumping Yard – Kemaru Swamiji
- Mangaluru: Yettinahole Project Will be a Setback for BJP in ZP and TP Elections – Khader
- 67th Republic Day Celebrated in DK Amid protest against Yettinahole Project