A Beginner’s Guide To Betting On Horse Racing
Horse racing is a fascinating sport that uses distance measures that originated in the early 14th century. This sport can be pretty appalling for newcomers because of its varied types of rules, types of horses, and much more.
Here is an easy guide for beginners to learn betting on horse racing very easily.
Various types of horse racing bets
Today, many options for online horse race betting have arisen to simplify this task, especially for newcomers. Not only this, but online betting also comes with varied sets of bonuses or benefits of its own that even the champions enjoy.
There are two major kinds of bets:
- Standard Bets: These bets usually start with a dollar or two
- Exotic Bets: these bets are more expensive
The standard kinds of bets are:
- Win: If the horse you placed your bet on, comes first, you win this bet
- Place: If the horse you placed your bet on, comes first or second, you win this bet
- Show: If the horse you placed your bet on, comes first, second, or third, you win this bet
The exotic kinds of bets are:
- Exacta: The requirements of this bet are that you need to choose the top two horses that will finish the race, in the correct order.
- Quinella: The requirements of this bet are that you need to choose the top two horses that will finish the race, in any order.
- Trifecta: The requirements of this bet are that you need to choose the top three horses that will finish the race, in the correct order.
- Superfecta: The requirements of this bet are that you need to choose the top four horses that will finish the race, in the correct order.
Types of Races?
On a broad spectrum, horse races can be divided into the following four types:
- Maiden: It is the race for the horses who have never won. It can further be divided into two classes:
- Maiden Special Weight: They are the top-quality horses that win for the first time and cannot be claimed.
- Maiden Claiming Races: These horses can be claimed on winning for the first time.
- Claiming: It is a race in which every horse can be “claimed” or bought after the horse race.
- Allowances: It is a race that has set conditions based on the weight carried.
- Stakes: It is a race that is divided into different grades or stakes.
How to bet on a horse?
These days horse betting is legal in most countries. Betting on a horse can be done in two ways, that is, either you go online and bet, or you go to the racetrack and place your bet. It’s obviously alot easier to bet online, but people enjoy placing offline bets and watching their horses win or lose.
For placing an online bet, you simply can do that by using your mobile phone and place a bet by choosing your favourite horse, its number, and all the other details necessary to fill in.
For placing an offline bet, you need to tell on the counter about your horse number, the number of the track on which the horse will be racing, its saddlecloth number, the money you’re betting for, the type of bet, and everything related and required. If your horse wins, you need to take the ticket back to the counter to avail your prize.
How do the odds work in horse racing?
Odds in horse racing are a bit different than other sports betting odds. Odds in horse racing follow a pari-mutuel wagering system, which means that the betting is not done against the house, but against other participants. The money is pooled and more money is placed as a bet on the winning horse.
In order to bet on a horse for horse racing, you need to be thorough with all the terms and insights of the horse you’re placing your bet on. In case you do not know much about horse racing and the terms, study and do thorough research, or talk to an experienced wager in order to learn more from the experience. Hoping that this article provides you with at least the basics of how to bet in horse racing.