Girl, grandparents die of electrocution in K’taka
Belagavi: In a tragic incident, a girl and her grandparents died of electrocution on Saturday in the Belagavi district of Karnataka.
The deceased have been identified as eight-year-old Annapoorna Honnappa Lamani, her grandfather Erappa Gangapap Rathod (55) and grandmother Shantavaa Erappa Rathod (50).
Erappa worked as a watchman in an under-construction building in the Shahunagar locality in Belagavi.
The deceased were natives of Araganchi tanda in Ramadurg taluk and Annapoorna was residing with her grandparents for better education.
When Annapoorna was turning off an electric switch in the building, she got electrocuted. Hearing her scream, her grandparents, who rushed to rescue her, also got electrocuted, and all of them died on the spot.
Annapoorna was studying in the second standard at the government school.
The jurisdictional APMC police have rushed to the spot.