Home Mangalorean News Local News Unidentified Persons Kidnap Law College Student in Udupi, Rescued

Unidentified Persons Kidnap Law College Student in Udupi, Rescued

Spread the love

Unidentified Persons Kidnap Law College Student in Udupi, Rescued

(Update): In a swift operation the Udupi Town police succeeded in tracing the law student who was Kidnapped by a gang on Thursday. Law student Vijay Shetty was kidnapped on Thursday afternoon from his room in connection to the previous financial issues he was involved in. The kidnappers had taken him to Katapady where they had thrashed him and fled from the spot.

Speaking to Mangalorean.com SP Dr Sanjeev Patil said that the Kidnapped person Vijay Kumar Shetty has been rescued by PSI Town Anantapadmanabha and search is on for the accused. As per the initial information available, previous financial issues between the victim and the accused seems to be the reason for the kidnap of Vijay Shetty.

Vijay Shetty hails from Kavadi, Kota and was staying in a rented house in Paniyadi. He was a law student of Vaikunta Baliga College Kunjibettu Udupi. He lived in Belgaum from 2004 – 2014 and suffered heavy losses in shares. According to him, cheque bounce cases have been filed against him by the accused. He has identified few of the accused but the names will not be revealed as it could hamper the investigations.

Unidentified Persons Kidnap Law College Student in Udupi

Udupi: A law college student was reportedly kidnapped by an unidentified person on Thursday, August 31 from his room near Paniyadi.

According to reliable sources Vijay Shetty a student of Vaikunta Baliga Law College Kunjibettu was kidnapped in the afternoon by an entrepreneur of Udupi.  The student was operating a private chit fund some time back in Belgavi with funds received as loan from the said entrepreneur.

The Entrepreneur had lent nearly Rs 40 lakh to Vijay Shetty who had promised to double the money in a short time. When the given period was over the student failed to refund the money to the entrepreneur and was also avoiding his phone calls. On Thursday afternoon some people came to his room, forcibly dragged him into their car and speed away.

The Udupi Town Police are investigating the case


Spread the love

Exit mobile version