What’s The Best Mattress For You: Orthopaedic Or Luxury?
Getting a good night’s sleep is key to a healthy life. A healthy sleep cycle affects our energy level, mood, gut health, and mental health. So it is essential to get sufficient hours of sleep every night and good quality sleep. The quality of sleep can significantly deteriorate if the environment around us is not conducive and comfortable. Temperature, mosquitoes, light, and most importantly, mattresses can have a massive impact on sleep quality.
Everyone usually uses mattresses for at least a decade. Thus, it is vital to choose the perfect mattress to ensure maximum comfort and quality sleep. Today, there are various kinds of mattresses available in the market. Brands like SleepyHead make one of the finest mattresses, but how does one choose which one is the best for them? In this article, we will tell you just that.
Broadly there are two popular kinds of mattresses: Orthopaedic and Luxury. This post will discuss the features, advantages, and disadvantages of both so that you can choose the best for yourself.
Traditionally orthopaedic mattresses were scientifically designed for a firm base to support your back. These mattresses have a hard and firm top to help relieve back and joint pain. However, now orthopaedic mattresses are also available in memory foam and other variants.
Advantages of Orthopaedic Mattresses
- Good to maintain a posture
- It helps relieve back pain
- It prevents tossing and enables an unbroken sleep cycle
- Maintains a cool temperature
Disadvantages of Orthopaedic Mattresses
- Difficult to adjust to, as it may take some time to get used to the firm base
- Does not have a lot of weight adjustment
- Side Sleepers may not feel comfortable
Who is the orthopaedic mattress best for?
- People who do not enjoy the sinking feeling of a bed
- People with joint pain and back pain
- Elderly and senior citizens
As the name suggests, Luxury Mattresses are designed to give you a feel of luxury and comfort every night. The mattresses are made of soft and expensive fabric. The mattresses also often use springs to maximize their softness. So if you like to feel like you are sleeping in a 5-star hotel every night, the luxury mattress is the perfect pick.
Advantages of Luxury Mattresses
- Soft and comfortable
- Looks luxurious and will add to the decor of the bedroom
- Long-lasting. Luxury mattresses can last even up to 2 decades
- Thick mattresses, which make it suitable for floor beds
Disadvantages of a Luxury Mattress
- These mattresses can be costly
- High maintenance
- Can cause body ache issues
- Unsuitable for senior citizens
Who is the luxury mattress suitable for?
- People who enjoy the sinking feeling in a bed
- People with no back issues
- Young adults, teens, kids
Factors to consider before choosing a mattress
If you are confused about which mattress to choose from, finding answers to these factors can help you select the right one.
- Lifestyle: Things like the nature of your work, the average hours of sleep, exercise habits, can help you in understanding what kind of mattress will suit you best
- Budget: Have a rough estimate on how much you are willing to spend
- Users: If you are going to share your mattress with someone, it is best to understand their lifestyle and needs.
- Maintenance: Some mattresses require regular deep cleaning and sanitization. Identify if you will be able to dedicate that much time.
- Pets: If you have pets, certain soft mattresses may not suit you as the pets can damage them.
- Problems with current mattress: List down the issues you have with your existing mattress that will help you easily figure out what you need in a mattress.
The best of both worlds?
If you cannot decide which one is the most suitable for you, SleepyHead has one more solution for you. Sleepyhead’s Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress gives you the best of both worlds. It has a soft memory foam but is also sufficiently firm to avoid any backaches. In addition, it is made of rubber and is highly breathable.