Woman in Hiriyadka Dies after Consuming Papaya laced with Rat Poison
Udupi: A 43-year-old woman died after she accidentally ate a Papaya which was laced with Rat Poison in Hiriyadka here, on October 24.
The deceased has been identified as Srimathi (43), a resident of Devaragunda in Kudi village.
According to the Hiriyadka Police, the Papaya laced with rat poison was kept in the house on October 19 because of the increasing menace of rats. Srimathi who was unaware about it consumed the Papaya and soon developed stomach pain. She was immediately rushed to the private hospital in Udupi where she breathed her last on October 24.
A case has been registered in the Hiriyadka Police Station.