Kundapur: The inauguration and blessing of St Philip Neri Central School Basrur will be held on Tuesday June 2.
A press release issued by Fr Vishal Lobo correspondent and also the parish priest of St Philip Neri church stated that the School will be inaugurated by Philip D’Costa Koni and the building will be blessed by Dr Gerald Isaac Lobo Bishop of Udupi Diocese.
St Philip Neri church is situated at a distance of 101 kms north of Managaluru and 6 kms to the east of Kundapur. Fr Remigius D’Souza of Kundapur started the construction of the new church in Basrur on November 18, 1924 and completed the edifice dedicated to St Philip Neri in 1927. Bishop Paul Perini SJ, blessed it on September 27, 1927. In 1930 Fr Alphonsus M L D’Souza started RC school here. Fr Placid Pereira upgraded the school. An open air stage to the church school was built by Fr Joe Mary Shenoy.
On the occasion of the 5th birth centenary of St Philip Neri and to fulfil the long felt need of the people of the locality, the parish council had decided to start a Central Syllabus English medium School in Basrur.
Shobha Karandlaje, MP of Udupi-Chikkamagaluru, Vinay Kumar Sorake minister of Urban development and district minister in-charge, Haladi Srinivas Shetty MLA Kundapur, Fr Lawrence C D’Souza secretary of CESU, Fr Anil D’Souza Vicar Forane Kundapur deanery, Fr Clement Mascarenhas, parish priest of St Lawrence Church Moodubelle, Sr Marriette, Bethany Provincial Superior Mangaluru, Prakash Mendon, vice president Udupi zilla panchaayt, Shobha Shetty BEO- Incharge, Gopal Shetty BEO – Retired, Bhaskara Billava president Kundapur Taluk Panchayat, Sumathi Mendon president Basrur Panchayat will be the chief guests of the function.