Puttur: Shri Raghaveshwara Bharati Swamiji of Shri Ramachandrapura Math in Hosanagara had been invited to give a Shivakatha discourse at the Brahmakalashotsava of Sahasralingeshwara temple in Uppinangady on Monday evening.
There was opposition to his visit and participation from certain sections of the society because charges of sexual assault against him were being heard in the courts in Bengaluru. They said that the sanctity of the function would be defiled by his participation.
The Samana Manaskara Vedike, which has been formed to secure justice for the victim who has filed cases of sexual assault against the Swamiji, had appealed to the department of religious endowments and the State Women’s Commission seeking a bar on his visit. Accordingly, endowments commissioner Pallavi Akurathi issued orders to the local authorities to see to it that he did not enter Uppinangady.
MLA Shakuntala Shetty, who heads the reception committee, had announced that the programme would go ahead as scheduled. A group of women were all set to receive the Swamiji with a ‘purnakumbha’ welcome. But, quite understandably, to avoid unpleasant situations, the Swamiji, who had already arrived in the district, diverted his entourage to Mani branch of the Math where he camped overnight.
The endowment officials at the temple, which comes under the purview of the department, also would have faced departmental action if the order of the commissioner was flouted. Hence they too stood firm on refusing the Swamiji permission to take part.
- Mangaluru: Raghaveshwara Swamiji Reportedly Barred from Taking Part in Uppinangady Event
- Bengaluru: Reprieve for Raghaveshwara as Sessions Court Declines to Cancel Bail
- Bengaluru: Raghaveshwara Bharati Case – HC Refuses to Drop Charges of Sexual Assault
- Bengaluru: Raghaveshwara Bharati Files Fresh Appeal in Sexual Assault Case
- Bengaluru: Number of Recusals Rises to 5 as Two More Judges Withdraw from Swamiji’s Case
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Charge against Raghaveshwara – Yet Another Judge Recuses Himself
- Bengaluru: Rape-accused Swamiji’s DNA Test Positive: Advocate General
- Bengaluru: Raghaveshwara Case – HC Orders Shastri Couple be Made Respondents
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Swamiji Undergoes Medical Tests, Declines Three
- Bengaluru: Setback for Swamiji as High Court Okays Medical Test
- Bengaluru: Swamiji Granted Conditional Bail in Sexual Assault Case
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Havyaka Forum Wants Swamiji to Voluntarily Undergo Tests
- Bengaluru: Swamiji Case: CID Questions RSS Leader Kalladka Prabhakar Bhat
- Bengaluru: Two Arrested for Slandering Shastri Couple’s Daughter in Facebook
- Bengaluru: New Twist to Singer Vs Swamiji Case with Reported Entry of Underworld Don
- New Delhi: Sexual Assault Charges against Swamiji – Women’s Commission Steps in
- Puttur: Demand for a Comprehensive Probe into Kedila Shastri Suicide Case Snowballs
- Honnavar: Amid High Drama Police Notice Issued to Raghaveshwara Bharati Swamiji
- Honnavar: Alleged Blackmail Attempt on Math’s Artistes – Shastri Couple Gets Conditional Bail
- Puttur: CID Team Arrives in Town to Probe Kedila Shyam Prasad Shastri’s Suicide
- Puttur: Case of Shastri Suicide in Kedila also Likely to be Probed by CID
- Puttur: Kedila Residents Demand Thorough Probe into Shastri’s Alleged Suicide
- Puttur: Urimajalu Ram Bhat Appeals to Havyaka Community to Maintain Restraint
- Mangalore: Threat Calls Led Shastry to End Life, Says Wife in Complaint to Police
- Mangalore: Shyam Prasad Shastry from Kedila who Shot Himself Dies in Hospital