Mangaluru: The district’s jail never fail to hog limelight for wrong reasons. It was on Monday, Nov 2, that a fight broke out which claimed two lives. On the very next day, two top police officials of ADGP rank from the state level arrived and held a thorough combing.
The search continued for the second day by a team of city police and the jail staff. The team was led by IGP jails. It raked in a big haul in terms of prohibited items. Evey cell was rummaged.
The seized goods included six knives, 16 mobile phones, 7 SIM cards, 7 memory cards, mobile batteries, chargers, electric wires, lighters, electric testers, electric heaters, chilli powder etc. They have been seized.
A case has been registered at the Barke police station.
Following the double murder in the jail, home minister Dr G Parameshwar, who took over recently, is likely to visit the city and the jail on Nov 7.
- Mangaluru: That’s Not Smart- To have Trees Branches Hanging Close to City Prison Wall
- Mangaluru: Five Booked in Madoor Isubu Murder Case – ADGP Alok Mohan
- Mangaluru: DKWJU Stages Protest Against Assault on Mediapersons
- Mangaluru: Inmate alleges threat to life, ADGP Kamal Panth Visits Sub Jail
- Mangaluru: Family Members of Isubu Madoor Demand Compensation
- Mangaluru: 2 Inmates Die in Major clash in Sub Jail