Car catches fire at Katapadi

Car catches fire at Katapadi
Udupi: A parked car outside the Sri Venkataramana Temple Katapadi suddenly caught fire on Friday, December 16.

car-catches-fire-katapadi car-catches-fire-katapadi1

According to sources the incident took place in the afternoon. Car owner Laxmi Ganapathi Pai of Karkala had parked the car in front of Sri Venkataramana Temple Katapadi and had gone for lunch during which the car suddenly caught fire.

Immediately the locals doused the fire using water. Short circuit is suspected to have caused the fire. The total loss is estimated to be around Rs 75000.