Elderly Woman commits suicide at Jayashree Hospital

Elderly Woman commits suicide at Jayashree Hospital

Mangaluru: A patient has committed suicide by hanging to the ceiling fan at Jayashree Nursing Home, near City centre here on August 12.





image002susheela-jayashree-hospital-suicide-20160812-002 image002susheela-jayashree-hospital-suicide--20160812-002

image003susheela-jayashree-hospital-suicide1-20160812-003 image001susheela-jayashree-hospital-suicide1-20160812-001 image002susheela-jayashree-hospital-suicide1-20160812-002 image003susheela-jayashree-hospital-suicide--20160812-003 image004susheela-jayashree-hospital-suicide--20160812-004 image003susheela-jayashree-hospital-suicide-20160812-003 image004susheela-jayashree-hospital-suicide-20160812-004

suicide1-20160812 suicide-20160812

The deceased has been identified as Susheela (67) from Ballalbagh.

Speaking to mangalorean.com Hospital authorities said, “Susheela was admitted to the hospital on August 11, in the afternoon with a wheezing problem. She had asked for one Harish Rao and got admitted to the hospital. Even when we asked whether anyone is coming to take care of her in the hospital, she said Pushpa will come. We were waiting for Pushpa but she did not come. We had given her medicines in the night at 10:30 pm. On August 12, during our rounds at 6:00 a.m, we knocked at the door but she did not respond for a long time. Later when we peeped through the window we saw her hanging to the ceiling fan and immediately informed the police.

Speaking to mangalorean.com Susheela’s niece said, “She was staying in Abhiman palace at Ballalbagh. One year ago her husband had expired and she started to stay with her son in Bengaluru. Whenever she came to Mangaluru she used to stay in Abhiman Palace and first call me. But this time, she did not call us nor did we have any clue about her being admitted to a hospital”.

She further said, “After her husband’s death she was feeling very lonely. Her daughter is now in the USA and son is in Bengaluru along with his family. She was suffering from wheezing problems. But this time, she did not call any of the relatives”.

Bunder police lowered the body and sent it to the Wenlock hospital for post-mortem. The reason for the extreme step is yet to be ascertained. A case has been registered in Bunder police station.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here