Bobby Brown says he once beat his ex-wife
Los Angeles, June 9 (IANS) Singer Bobby Brown has revealed he once hit his ex-wife Whitney Houston during their 15-year marriage, but he has never been a “woman beater.”
The “Candy Girl” hitmaker has revealed he lashed out at the late star on one occasion during their 15-year marriage while he was trying to maintain his sobriety, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Bobby explained he had struck the singer at a time when he was “trying to maintain sobriety” but insisted he was not “violent”.
Speaking of the incident, which he details in his forthcoming memoir “Every Little Step”, in an interview, he added: “I have never been a violent man toward a woman ever”.
The 47-year-old singer was married to Houston, who tragically passed away in 2012 at the age of 48 from an accidental drug overdose, from 1992 until 2007 when the pop diva filed for divorce and received custody of their then-14-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina.
Nick Jonas favours ‘low key’ first date
Los Angeles, June 9 (IANS) Singer Nick Jonas prefers to have a “low key” first date rather than making it lavish so that he can get to know his new love interest.
The “Jealous” hitmaker — who previously dated model Olivia Culpo and has been romantically linked with names like Lily Collins and Kate Hudson — thinks there is too much “pressure” for a first evening with someone to be “magical”, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Asked about his preferred first date, he told Heat magazine: “I would like it to be really low key. I think there is this thing that happens where, with a first date, there is just this immense amount of pressure on both sides that it just has to be kind of magical”.
“But the whole purpose is to get to know somebody, get a vibe going and then, from there, you kind of decide, ‘Alright, do we want to do this again?’ It’s like the first course,” he said, adding that he prefers “a nice low-key dinner, maybe a drink afterwards, and then that’s perfect”.
‘Rob & Chyna’ will be exciting: Ryan Seacrest
Los Angeles, June 9 (IANS) Anchor-producer Ryan Seacrest thinks Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna’s upcoming reality show “Rob & Chyna” will be “exciting”.
The couple — who got engaged in April after a whirlwind romance and are expecting their first child together — have signed a deal with E! for six 60-minute episodes of “Rob & Chyna” and Seacrest, who is also the executive producer of the show, has promised fans to expect the unexpected, reports eonline.com.
“You can never guess what to expect with that family, but I think it’s exciting for them… I think because they are expecting,” Seacrest said.
“I think they are excited to have this opportunity to show the world what’s going on with them,” he added.
Benedict Cumberbatch’s ‘Grinch’ film pushed to 2018
London, June 9 (IANS) The release of British actor Benedict Cumberbatch’s upcoming film “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” has been pushed from 2017 to 2018.
Illumination Entertainment and Universal Pictures have rescheduled the film from November 10, 2017 to November 9, 2018, reports aceshowbiz.com.
The film is an adaptation of Dr. Seuss’s 1957 children picture book about a misanthropic green creature who hates Christmas and tries to keep the residents of Whoville from enjoying it.
Cumberbatch will voice the title character, while Kaitlyn Maher will voice Cindy Lou, who thinks the Christmas spirit in Whoville is lost.
The film will be directed by Pete Candeland and Yarrow Cheney, based on a screenplay by Michael LeSieur. Illumination CEO Chris Meledandri will serve as the producer alongside Janet Healy and Scott Mosier. Audrey Geisel will executive produce with Chris Renaud.